Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What have you left behind in a pub?

Default What have you left behind in a pub?

Given that our great leader has recently managed to leave behind his daughter whilst out not drinking much in a pub, I pondered over what I have ever left behind apart from a mess on the table. I left a coat in a pub in Farnborough before a football match that I recovered afterwards and I left an old phone somewhere in Cheshire that wasn't a great loss but other than that I think I'm quite clued up about retaining possessions. I'm sure there are a few nightmare stories out there though!

Apart from leaving thousands of pounds in the landlords tills - enough to pay several house mortgages, the main 'thing' I left in a pub was my dog! I had been home for quite a while when I thought it is time for her tea. After searching the house, I remembered that I had taken her out to the shops and then to the pub. Being a placid Labrador, she was still sat where I had left her. She just wagged her tail and looked at me as if to say "Oh, time for home is it."
    It was another excuse to leave a few more pounds behind the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    ..the main 'thing' I left in a pub was my dog! I had been home for quite a while when I thought it is time for her tea. After searching the house, I remembered that I had taken her out to the shops and then to the pub. Being a placid Labrador, she was still sat where I had left her. She just wagged her tail and looked at me as if to say "Oh, time for home is it."
    As they say, leave your wife and your dog locked in a car boot for a few hours and then let them out, you know who's going to be the happiest to see you!

I'll stay on me own

Whenever i go on a pub crawl i take what i call my rough pub book with me,this is a small very thick black hard backed book which is lined inside,i was on a pub crawl doing pubs in Ashby de la Zouch and South Derbyshire,afer i did my my last pub i caught a bus to Burton on Trent for the train back to Nottingham when i realised i had left my book in a pub.
    It was too late to go back and try and find it so i was really pissed off about leaving this small book which probably contained about 1500 pubs some of which had my wifes comments in and my drunken scrawls.
    When i finally got home around 10.00 i told my wife she then said try and remember the last few pubs i had been in as it could have only been left in one of these,i whittled it down to 3 pubs all in Church and Castle Greasley,i then said to my wife "i will have to go back there next weekend and try and track it down" she said "why not try ringing each pub to see if they have found it" good idea i thought first pub no luck then i rang the Drum and Monkey in Castle Greasley and asked if they had found my book they said YES we have got your book and are now looking through it and enjoying reading about all the pubs i had visited,i was so pleased and said "i will come down to collect the book next week" to which they said we will send it to you i offered postage but they declined this and a couple of days later my book arrived back home.

I still use this book to this day and am so gratefull to the landlord and his wife for their good deed.

On the very suject... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	282606_484867831528699_1440791336_n.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	731

I’ve left lots of things in the pub. I once left my darts in a pub and when I went back to see if they were there the moody barmaid tried charging me a fiver deposit to take them from behind the bar. When I tried to explain that they were mine and I wouldn’t be returning them she said she’d have to speak to the manager because she didn’t know if they were for sale.
    A couple of locals who were sitting at the bar were in tears as they watched my plight. Thankfully the manager’s English was far better and they were finally returned.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

After one particularly messy works Xmas drink some years ago I managed to arrive home without my coat, but wearing a colleague's. Naturally my keys were in my own coat so I couldn't get in the house. Notwithstanding it being around 3am I first knocked and then repeatedly phoned the house, finally being told where to get by Mrs Mm who thought I was still out/lost and phoning for a lift. I ended up spending a less than comfortable night in the shed.
    On regaining entry the following morning I automatically assumed that as I had my colleague's coat, then naturally he would have mine. Not so, he had gone without his coat. After a while I deduced it could well still be in the pub, so rather shamefaced, I had to ring my colleague back to find out exactly which pub we'd actually been in!

My faculties !!!!
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I've left a fair number of Pubs Galore business cards behind
    Waes hael!

When I was an apprentice we went for a good skinful after passing our first year. It was only next morning did I realize I had left all me tools in the Pub. Never too be seen again that was the most expensive drink Ive ever had cost me a fortune to replace them.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)