Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derbyshire/Yorkshire in August

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Bit late on the update but an all-day crawl of Salisbury on Saturday and a day of zorbing in Rutland took my spare time away.

OB, I am definitely up for Harrogate - what day is good for you?

Other jaunts inked in after research are Shipley-Saltaire-Bradford (new to me); The Grove, Huddersfield (loved it last year) via Leeds; Sheffield (outer pubs on the tram plus a Kelham Island revisit) and possibly Doncaster.

Mr Hatter, are you available for any of the above?

Spinko - how about Huddersfield and Leeds on the Friday?
    Which Friday are we talking? 17th is doable although I'll also be catching up with old workmates at some point. Saturday 18th I could do a fair stretch of the Transpennine ale trail (preferably the "alternative" northern route with it being a Saturday!) on my way back to Manchester?

Weekend of 24th etc is provisionally planned for Mathew St Festival in Liverpool..

OB, I am definitely up for Harrogate - what day is good for you?
    last minute changes to work schedules means just this Sunday (19th),

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Which Friday are we talking? 17th is doable although I'll also be catching up with old workmates at some point. Saturday 18th I could do a fair stretch of the Transpennine ale trail (preferably the "alternative" northern route with it being a Saturday!) on my way back to Manchester.
    Friday 17th. Not available on the 18th as that's when my uncle gets back. I was thinking Huddersfield - Dewsbury - Leeds (then back home for me)

This Space For Hire

Friday 17th. Not available on the 18th as that's when my uncle gets back. I was thinking Huddersfield - Dewsbury - Leeds (then back home for me)
    Sounds good to me - aim for midday in Huddy? Lots of good choices around there with plenty of lovely pale Yorkshire ale

Sounds good to me - aim for midday in Huddy? Lots of good choices around there with plenty of lovely pale Yorkshire ale
    Done. Let's PM our mobile nos.

Other jaunts inked in after research are Shipley-Saltaire-Bradford (new to me); The Grove, Huddersfield (loved it last year) via Leeds; Sheffield (outer pubs on the tram plus a Kelham Island revisit) and possibly Doncaster.

Mr Hatter, are you available for any of the above?
    Sorry for delay in getting back to you - was waiting to find out what shifts I'm rota'd for next week. I can do Monday 20th from about 1pm, or Tuesday 21st from about 4pm. If that fits in with your plans, I'd be happy to go around the Sheffield pubs with you, or Chesterfield/Doncaster/whatever.
    Come On You Hatters!

Have I misunderstood? Your original post said you were cat-sitting from 18th to 24th. If it's this week that you're in Dronfield, then unfortunately I'm at work next two nights, and football in Hyde on Friday.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Have I misunderstood? Your original post said you were cat-sitting from 18th to 24th. If it's this week that you're in Dronfield, then unfortunately I'm at work next two nights, and football in Hyde on Friday.
    No sorry I have misunderstood myself, I arrive on the 18th and depart on the 25th so I am available as per my original post. Typed the wrong week for some reason!

So yeah, I can do one of those days, Tuesday sounds good. How about Doncaster then? I've never been, have you?
    Last edited by Quinno; 14-08-2012 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    last minute changes to work schedules means just this Sunday (19th),
    Sunday 19th works for me, we'll sort it out via PM

Which Friday are we talking? 17th is doable although I'll also be catching up with old workmates at some point. Saturday 18th I could do a fair stretch of the Transpennine ale trail (preferably the "alternative" northern route with it being a Saturday!) on my way back to Manchester?

Weekend of 24th etc is provisionally planned for Mathew St Festival in Liverpool..
    Apologies I was getting my Friday's mixed up - looks like our planned trip can't happen as the Friday I am around for is the 24th - sorry.