Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jubilee beer thread

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    People wouldn't spend all their money on bunting and flags for street parties in February either.
    Absolutely Gill much better to wait for a sunny day in June!!

BTW I've been following Roger on Facebook. He has found himself a spot near Lambeth Bridge and now just has to wait 3 hours for Her Maj to come by.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

West Berks Diamond Jubilee Ale ,4.5%, golden, very hoppy and bitter,very nice.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I'm at a RoyALE Jubilee fest and there are a number of themed beers, Queens Rifleman, Royal Knees up, Diamknd Ale and the like. Pride of place and biggest groan goes to what I am drinking now though, Tring Brewery Would Jubileve It.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I managed to track down these in Leeds

Roosters Hoppy & Glorious - hoppy with loads of C hops (allegedly Citra) and an underlying sweetness - a bit like Jaipur used to be but weaker
    Adnams Diamond Ale - a bit like Greene King IPA when it's good but with a bit more class
    York Diamond 52 - hop forward with English hops but I felt it was a bit unbalanced, hazy

Also had Roosters Euro 2012 beer "Longshot" which is a bit hoppy and has a little bit of a hop haze but it's not as good as H&G, it has a strange estery flavour which is odd in a 4.2 beer.

I have n't been to the pub much recently owing to pressure of work, but I did manage a pint of Westerham's Jubilation at a farmers market today in Hawkhurst. Someone-Rex here or perhaps somebody on another beer site said it was a proper beer,tasting of beer. I'd agree, adding that I found it crisp, golden, nettley with savoury spices. By which I meant chili without the addition of chili.A fine showcase for 9 varieties of Kent hops.It'll probably be my BOTW, but we'll be selling plants at a Kentish produce gig next Sunday where Old Dairy will be having a stand.(Nelson will also be there, but they aren't to my taste.)
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Had some Havant Brewery DiamonD Light at Cowplain beer fest on Sunday. 3.2%

Got to chatting with Mike [the owner / brewer of Havant brewery], he said it was brewed as a "mixer", sort pint of light & bitter. He reckons a trend he has spotted is mixed drinks making a comeback, at least around here, hence his Jubilee mixer.

Comes in bottle conditioned as well as barrel

Ideal summer afternoon drink, bitter finish
    Last edited by Farway; 05-06-2012 at 15:27.
    I drink to make others more interesting

Glass Half Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Hogsback have a variation on their TEA called Majes-TEA
    I had quite a few of these last night, not really a variation of TEA but a rich 5.2%-er, certainly helped me get into celebratory mood
    'Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable' - Python

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Everards Diamond Jubilee was pretty decent but the Imperial Jubilee Bitter was in the running for BOTW and even better the Manager of the Fighting Cocks brought me a pint of it in the Station , well played that man
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Spritzer Swallower

The Rifle Volunteers in Maidstone has an extensive range of bottled silver jubilee beers on the shelves, which may give a clue as to when it was last redecorated.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Off to St Ives beer festival this morning, and there are a few on there I haven't had yet.

Blue Anchor Diamond Jubilee
    Penpont Jubilee Special Ale
    RCH Steam Diamond

Plenty of new Cornish Ales from recent breweries on too, so should be a good day and looking forward to it.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.