Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One-post whingers

When the need for a roast dinner becomes over whelming I con one of my mates to go with me to one of the nearby carvery outlets. The roast beef cannot be beaten and I have never had cause for complaint. Smaller pubs have given me problems usually in busy periods when they cannot handle the rush. Protest and complain at the time. Is it worthwhile complaining in full in the pub reviews ? I think not. Maybe a quick note saying the food was not up to an expected standard but chefs change from one week to the next.
    As to the working of the female mind ? The older I get the more they baffle me

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

This was my response to 'one-post' whingers

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/56116/
    MILD:

I think Strongers has hit the nail on the head most men would complain there and then. Don't always work though see below.
    Because I done that In a local Grub Pub around Two years ago and me & the wife got promptly got baned and told not to come back as we are not welcome. This was just because we complained about the standard of service which took over half hour and we were still waiting so I said can you cancel the order as we have to leave we got no apology just told to sod off and not come back. Which we did never to return, There was no one else waiting when we went in but a group of Friends obviously Friends of the Manager arrived and all got served first whilst we were still waiting. I wont name the Pub as its now changed hands since after the previous landlords were removed. No doubt for there lack of customer skills.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    This was my response to 'one-post' whingers

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/56116/
    "If you care about beer, then go to a proper pub and if you care about your holiday, then don't go to Ingoldmells.". Absolutely spot on.

I did the same here http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59099/ as did Strongers (unless his visit so soon after a string of whinges was removed) . So the OPWs actually had the opposite effect to the one they intended.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    "If you care about beer, then go to a proper pub and if you care about your holiday, then don't go to Ingoldmells.". Absolutely spot on.

I know this quote was from Soup Dragons review of an Ingoldmells pub,the pub may be crap and not worth a visit but to slag an whole town off is wrong,if you happen to live in Nottingham or the East Midlands the nearest cheap seaside resort to visit is either Ingoldmells or Skeggy,i have been to both loads of times as this was the only option for my parents.
    Living in this part of the country it is far too expensive to go to Devon,Cornwall and too long a journey so the only option available to lots of people is these two resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    if you happen to live in Nottingham or the East Midlands the nearest cheap seaside resort to visit is either Ingoldmells or Skeggy,i have been to both loads of times as this was the only option for my parents.
    But Skeggy is crap though, isn't it ?....... No no don't answer that, only having a larf !

And for balance, Devon and Cornwall was also too far for most Londoners in the Sixties and Seventies and I spent most of my holidays at Jaywick Sands and Clacton on the Essex coast.
    And I will not take umbridge at anyone slagging those off, in fact a pint goes to the first person who can work out how to break them off and float them over to France.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    ... to slag an whole town off is wrong,
    Al, you're right of course, and I offer my apologies to the inhabitants if Ingoldsby where I've never been. What I meant of course that it was the principle which was
    spot on - if you want first class anything you don't go to a second class facility to get it. Affording first class is entirely another issue and not a debate intended by either Soupy or me, I think.