Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Nuneaton corrections

Default Nuneaton corrections

I've had a look for Bridgies in Meadow Court on Google maps street view, but all I can find is the Abbey Social Club. Perhaps this used to be a pub, or possibly Bridgies is an informal name for the club. I'm inclined to go with the latter, judging on looks, so suggest it should be deleted.

Eliotts is now called The Blue Bear. Its address is 15 Abbey Street and the postcode CV11 5BT.

The Harcourt and the Merevale appear to have been demolished to make way for a ring road. The former was at 22 Princes Street, which no longer exists. The latter's correct postcode was CV11 5QG, which appears to have belonged to the part of Dugdale Street that also no longer exists. (The name of the pub has been repeated in the address: please delete.) I have marked both as closed for the reasons stated, though I have not been able to find any references to their actual demolition (probably in the 1980s). (I have moved the map points to where I guess they may have stood.)

The Pen & Wig is now Reflex.

The postcode for the Wheatsheaf is CV11 5DJ. I have corrected the map point.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

The Harcourt and Merevale were up and running on 8 September 1984 as i went in both of these pubs,the Harcourt was a Ansells tied house and the Merevale was an M&B tied house.
    Sadly this was one a the few occasions that i did'nt take a camera with me while doing a pub crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Sadly this was one a the few occasions that i did'nt take a camera with me while doing a pub crawl.
    Yes, what a shame.

The only other reference I found to the Harcourt was here, but this doesn't really tell us much. The lost pubs project is a bit thin on the ground in Warwickshire.
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

Hi Sh,

We have deleted Bridgies, updated details of The Blue Bear, changed the name of Reflex and corrected the postcode of The Wheatsheaf Inn

Thanks for those.