Ads not shown when logged in
Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you drinking RIGHT NOW

Dorothy Goodbody's Golden Ale. It's......ok I suppose.

I've just finished a bottle of Old Dairy's "Wild Hop", a pale ale made with The Sussex Hop,http://www.britishhops.org.uk/sussex-hop/ , a seedling found on a hop farm on the Sussex/Kent borders.It struck me as having a tropical fruit flavour:interesting.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Bath Ales Gem, one of my favourite beers and on at the Doric Arch Euston right now. The experience has however been spoiled by some arsehole with a laptop who plonked himself on a barstool right in front of the pumps and had the bare faced cheek to say "I'll see if i can get on line before ordering". When he did he said "I'll just have a Carlsberg or something like that". I freaking hate these arseholes and hope he is able to read this as we are sharing a WiFi connection. We share nothing else in life !!
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

RCH Pitchfork. A personal favourite.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    The experience has however been spoiled by some arsehole with a laptop who plonked himself on a barstool right in front of the pumps and had the bare faced cheek to say "I'll see if i can get on line before ordering". When he did he said "I'll just have a Carlsberg or something like that".
    How very moderate of you Clive. Surely worthy of a spleen venting post on the 'Pub Annoyances' thread?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Stout Saturday: I've just enjoyed two of Old Dairy's finest-Silver Top Cream Stout 4.5abv, followed by Tsar Top, dangerously drinkable at 10abv. Classic.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Started with a dark one myself but a porter rather than a stout. The Lambeth Walk Porter from By the Horns brewery had a really strong but nice taste. Now on Rock the Kazbek from Redemption. Quite fruity, the beer not me !
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I've just enjoyed two of Old Dairy's finest-Silver Top Cream Stout 4.5abv, followed by Tsar Top.
    Who knows of outlets where Old Dairy can be regularly/permanently found? I've only ever come across it at Black Horse & Hoodens, Borough Green.
    Thanks,j

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Who knows of outlets where Old Dairy can be regularly/permanently found? I've only ever come across it at Black Horse & Hoodens, Borough Green.
    Thanks,j
    T/M- I think you live in that London:there's a new micropub in Welling called the Door Hinge that seems to stock them, also many of the East Kent micropubs. The Man of Kent , Rochester and the Flower Pot, Maidstone are good sources. Nearer to me is the Gun and Spitroast, Horsmonden. Near nowhere is the wonderful Bowl at Hastingleigh. Old Dairy beers are fairly frequently found in the free trade and as guests in the low weald. I think they get into 'Spoons, though I wouldn't know about that. Good luck!
    the brewery website has some kind of pub finder tool, but it's fairly useless.

Old Dairy Gold Top is appearing as a guest in some Greene King pubs at the moment. I had a pint of it in a GK pub down in Poole at the weekend.