Ads not shown when logged in
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you drinking RIGHT NOW

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    According to RateBeer it's brewed by Cain's, another brewery I used to like a lot but fear it may have lost the plot.

The list is probably not as alarming as it looks. Hop Extract is a shortcut and possibly wheat. The Calcium Sulphate and Calcium Chloride are almost certainly burtonisation of the water, something most brewers do unless thay are located in Burton.
    Caramel is commonly used mainly to change the colour. It only really becomes an issue if used in excess.
    Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone would be finings as probably would be Carrageenan which is the only one I'm not too sure about.

Co-op bottled beers used to be supplied by Freeminer and were OK, The last time I tried one was in January.
    Cains have closed down and I know that Freeminer used to do beer for Co-op so I thought it was probably them.

A bottle of Old Peculiar, which will come as no surprise to any that remember me! That's the last Peculiar in the cupboard, so if I have another it will have to be Broadside.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    A bottle of Old Peculiar, which will come as no surprise to any that remember me! That's the last Peculiar in the cupboard, so if I have another it will have to be Broadside.
    Hello old timer, good to hear you're still around and enjoying the beer,

A large does of indigestion mixture I've got terrible heartburn & indigestion Had far too much Ale last night until around Two this morning. The sort of long night you enjoy at the time but regret the next day only to say I wont do that again. Only to go and do the same next week. No sympathy from the wife though she says I should know better at my age than being out drinking till gone two in the morning.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Bottle of Hooky Double Stout, 3 for fiver in Waitrose the other week. Got a meeting with Wokingham BC tomorrow about the imminent closure of The Maiden Over so just the one this evening, despite my urge to go over to the Nags and help them finish off the Mallinsons Calypso

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

As is often the case, if I'm cooking, I'm drinking. Monday night is traditionally chilli night in the a&h household. Aiding its preparation is a bottle of Fullers Wild River, a real fave at the moment.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Chilli night here too! Not traditional Monday, just tonight. And I have a bottle of Wild River on the rack, along with a few Thornbridge Kipling.
    But what I'm drinking right now is NO alcohol! Certain ABs 'til Friday, it's very very difficult.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    But what I'm drinking right now is NO alcohol! Certain ABs 'til Friday, it's very very difficult.
    Abscess makes the heart grow fonder. Just think how good that first pint will taste.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Cooking the Friday ruby. Yorkshire Dales Hawes Golden IPA, a slightly fulsome strong 'un, to be followed by Westerham Hop Rocket.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

A dust covered bottle of 7.3% McEwan's Champion ,left over from last Christmas !
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields