Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pint Price

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pintplease View Post
    Wetherspoons pubs in my area have just reduced the price of guest ales to £1.99 per pint. Well done JDW
    Well done, for not raising their prices......Just wish they'd raise the temperature of their beer.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

My local is trying to shift Green King IPA draught at £1.20p a pint. John Smiths , Pedigree IPA and Doombar at £ 1.90. Lagers £2.00 to £2.30.
    House spirits at £2.00 a double. Not bad for a small town out in the boonies.

In Dartford most pubs are still under £3 a pint. The most expensive are the Sheps and Youngs pubs which are heading towards £3.50. One pub sells Bombardier (and a surprisingly decent quality given that it's a rubbish pub) for £1.95 and my regular the Ivy leaf knocks out 6 of its ales at £2.95. The Paper Moon ('Spoons) has a Sunday Ale Club (cost £2 for 6 months) which knocks 50p a pint off normal prices bringing some ales down to £1.89. Even the music orientated Bull N Vic did Adnams Ghost Ship at £2.75 last night so overall I'm quite happy with prices round my way at the moment.

I was asked £3.70 for Adnam's Ghost Ship in the Thrree Chimneys here in the Weald the other week. I know he is expensive, even for round here. Otherwise most "reasonable " pubs seem to ask around the £3.30 mark. Ouch.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I was charged £3.85 for a pint of Lees Diamond Jubilee in Sams Chop House in Manchester on Saturday.

They've always been expensive, but that is a rip off, even for city centre Manchester.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by pintplease View Post
    Wetherspoons pubs in my area have just reduced the price of guest ales to £1.99 per pint. Well done JDW
    I found the same offer today in The Wibbas Down in Wimbledon, not bad for an Arundel Footslogger at 4.6%, oddly the Surrey Hills Ranmore Ale (3.8%) was £2.30. Still good value nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I found the same offer today in The Wibbas Down in Wimbledon, not bad for an Arundel Footslogger at 4.6%, oddly the Surrey Hills Ranmore Ale (3.8%) was £2.30. Still good value nonetheless.
    And last night the Rudgate Ruby Mild in the Edward Rayne, Raynes Park, was £1.99 a pint, although other guest ales were more. A really good pint it was too - I'm in danger of becoming a "mild" convert!

The eagle in Eastbourne is £2 a pint as they clear out for jubilee beer festival. dark star and Rother valley on offer along with a jubilee beer and black stallion from Arundel. It's like finding a twenty pound note you didn't know you had.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    And last night the Rudgate Ruby Mild in the Edward Rayne, Raynes Park, was £1.99 a pint, although other guest ales were more. A really good pint it was too - I'm in danger of becoming a "mild" convert!
    I think you'll find that itis just the GUEST ales that are £1.99, although wait a while before I shoot that statement down in flames!

I was in the King's Ford on Tuesday and all the "guest" beers were £1.99. HOWEVER the East London Brewery's Pale was also £1.99 and it isn't on the current guest list.

When I went to the Tally Ho a few weeks ago I was charged £1.99 for Adnams Mayday (I thought it was a mistake). I went to the Drum last Saturday and was charged the standard guest price of £2.09 (I think). Mayday is not on the current guest list!

It seems to me the whole Summer Special Offer is a bit of a shambles!

Aqualung

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Beers in the three pubs i use most are between £2 20 and £2 90 a pint depending on volume% , there are still a few places you can get a pint for £2 like the Raven and Station Hotels in Wellington if you dont mind Marstons or pyschopaths

Strangely the new JDW in Wellington is around 30-40p a pint dearer than the ones up the road in the usually more expensive Shrewsbury
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !