Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heathrow Airport Pubs

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ok, well that is The Three Magpies moved into Sipson and the presumably superfluous Heathrow removed from the name. I hadn't noticed Sipson, and it is a perfect fit as you say.

I've deleted the Office, if anyone wants to put a posthumous review/picture up they can always re-add it.

Which just leaves the White Hart, I'm happy to move it out of Heathrow Airport, and agree it is not the "right location" for it particularly, but I am still none the wiser as to where it really is? Cranford if it is a distinct place still looks the best fit to me.

This old map (1904) shows the White Hart Inn just under the word Cranford on the road that is now the A4, although the main part of Cranford is just slightly northeast. The road at the top between Cranford and Longford became the A4 and the one running diagonally mid right to bottom left parallel to the railway became the A315 Staines Rd. Houndslow is just off the right hand side.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Alright well I have created Cranford as a district under Hounslow. And the White Hart is now in it, leaving Heathrow Airport to just bars within the complex.

The only other solution that springs to mind is to add Heathrow as a location, but:
    - I am concerned it will detract from Heathrow Airport if anyone happens to be looking for the airport,
    - I am not sure Heathrow exists as a location, I haven't spotted it on the maps,
    - That pub looks to me like it is in Cranford anyway

If anyone has compelling answers to those issues, or has a third way, let me know.