Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SportGuru Euro 2012 prediction game

Hi all,

Just applied to join - a little late I know.

I meant to do it last week but I had to work in Amsterdam for a few days ( a real chore ! ) closely followed by a few days in Chester.

Cheers,

Delboy20

I am a salmon !!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Les Francais monsieur trainman?
    Mais oui. I just can't see England doing owt with the drab players we've got, and she's half french so...
    I notice no-one has gone for Angleterre, yet, to win on Monday.

Another top scoot around Sheffield yesterday, omitting the Fat Cat which was closed until 18:00 to mark Dave Wickett's funeral, but got top tip from New Barrack Tavern to try Shakespeare, which had beerfest on, and finally ticked University Arms & also splendid Rutland, on good advice from these pages.
    Hillsborough Hotel has changed hands and the brewery has changed name from Crown to Wood Street Brewery; a couple of the beers were a bit bland but they are apparently looking to recruit a brewer.
    Tap, Hillsborough Hotel, New Barrack Tavern, Kelham Island Tavern, Shakespeare, Harlequin, Wellington, University Arms, Bath Hotel, Rutland Arms

ps. only 3 able to go, but had 4 day rtns from megatrain for £24, yes, £6 each!
    Last edited by trainman; 09-06-2012 at 14:46.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Delboy and Trainman accepted into the pool. Sorry it was after the first kick off, hadn't been sober enough to notice you had applied, but i think you have scored points for all the games.

Denmark still 1-0 up against the Dutch with 20 mins tk go. Looks like they may hold on
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Delboy and Trainman... i think you have scored points for all the games.
    Hehehe, hardly!

You & Delboy still to make selections for today Skip...

Btw, if anyone is punting on first goalscorer market, have a look at Betfred, who is paying double & triple odds if your winning scorer goes on to net 2 or 3 times.
    I was thinking Van Persie may have been a decent choice for that, but he seemed to put his feet on the wrong legs yesterday!

They looked impressive and would have comfortably beaten the Danes on another day. If they can sort out their accuracy up front they will be a force to be reckoned with.
    I was hopeful that England may pull out a blinder and shock everyone by winning the tournament, but my hopes have faded as there has been some fantastic football already and Spain haven't taken to the pitch yet.
    If the temperamental French turn up fighting tomorrow we will get done over big time. The Sweden game has draw written all over it so we will have to beat the Ukrainians on their home soil to have a chance of going out in the quarters.

Obviously I've completely called it wrong and we are going to sail through with ease.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I'm really struggling with this one and I haven't actually seen much of the coverage so far so not sure how god/bad every team has been. Think I'm gonna be relying on a lot of guesswork.

I got 2 out of 8 correct… A blindfolded monkey would have done better!

My thoughts for the next games is to roll a dice or to do the opposite of what seems to make sense.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

I've only picked 3 out of the 8 winners but have found myself second in our pool, largely due to bonus points. I was the only one that got the Germany v Portugal game spot on and also England's 1-1 draw last night. Can't understand all you non-believers going for France. Delboy was the only one to go for an England win but, even for me, that was too hopeful.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I've just nailed the Greece 1 Czech Republic 2 result as well, along with Roger.

I'm on Russia to beat Poland 2-1 in the later game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I've only picked 3 out of the 8 winners but have found myself second in our pool, largely due to bonus points. I was the only one that got the Germany v Portugal game spot on and also England's 1-1 draw last night. Can't understand all you non-believers going for France. Delboy was the only one to go for an England win but, even for me, that was too hopeful.
    I will not back against England - just cant do it !!

You must have noticed that I couldn't back against the Villa last season. As we only won 7 out of 38 matches that goes some way to explaining my poor position in our league.

I am a salmon !!