Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carluccios - Bar or no bar?

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Fair enough, my experience is based on the one here in Kingston.

Still can't see how anyone would select one as a drinking venue of choice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post

Still can't see how anyone would select one as a drinking venue of choice though.
    The one in Harrogate is on John Street which is the trendy bar bit of town and there are always people sitting/standing outside and drinking at the weekends.

The ones in Derby & Manchester aren't actually on PuG and I'm not going to add them either.

I think this is one of the problems in that lots of La Tasca's are part of a franchise rather than an owned chain, so they're all different.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I think that cafe rouge allow the bottled beer to be consumed without food being ordered so technically they should remain on this site. The La Tasca in Brighton has a bar area so I agree that they warrant their place.
    If beer can be consumed without a fee for entry or food then welcome to pug.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    If beer can be consumed without a fee for entry or food then welcome to pug.
    Agree with that
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post

Sometimes you have an aged or vaguely disapproving in-law or maiden aunt in tow who requires refreshment. You do too but know very well that suggesting a JDW would cause a further diminution of your credit rating. A posh hotel lounge would of course impress but your bank manager may also have an eye on your credit rating. So a La Tasca sometimes suits all parties. Well just about.

This Space For Hire

Hesitating to speak up for Cafe Rouges (or is it Cafes Rouges), but last time I was eating in one (a former pub) not only did it have a keg lager on tap, but someone who came in later was offered a table "in the bar area" because the restaurant was full. If it looks like a duck...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Never been in one ,nor ever likely to.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields