Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Readibng removals

Default Readibng removals

These have popped up on the site recently and, with the best will in the world, can't be described as pubs or bars; they are restaurants that serve alcohol:

Carluccios

Cote

Glo Bar

Las Iguanas

La Tasca is Reading comes close to joining this list but actually does have a bar area with seating.

Administrator

Hi Quinno,

Carluccios - see here

Cote - agreed that is just a restaurant judging by their site. Now gone.

Glo Bar - apparently restaurant on the ground floor and cocktail bar on the upper floor.

Las Iguanas - now I admit I only know about one in Bristol which is quite definitely a cocktail bar and restaurant. It is often full of people just drinking. Although no-one has added it to the site yet, but I would certainly approve it and I tend to assume the whole chain is similar.

Fair does, you learn something new every day!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    Las Iguanas - now I admit I only know about one in Bristol which is quite definitely a cocktail bar and restaurant. It is often full of people just drinking. Although no-one has added it to the site yet, but I would certainly approve it and I tend to assume the whole chain is similar.
    Interesting. I did review the Bristol Las Iguanas on another site, simply becuase it was there, but wasn't sure if it was worth adding to this site. Perhaps I will now!

I'm with Quinno on Cote though. I have been in the Bristol and Bath branches, and it certainly didn't occur to me to add them on here as a "pub".
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 16-05-2012 at 13:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    The Las Iguanas in Reading is most definitely a restaurant with an alcohol licence. I went there last month as I like the food

Administrator

Well since you insist the Reading Las Iguanas has no bar area and is purely a restaurant we have now deleted it. Certainly the two in Bristol get used as cocktail bars and you are asked if you are dining and would like a table. I've only ever been there for food as I don't do cocktails, but always seen drinkers - sometimes more drinkers than diners.

Anyway, now removed all the Carluccios from the site too.