Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Birmingham City Centre 16th May.

Hybrid View

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Default Birmingham City Centre 16th May.

Two,possibly three, of us southern based quaffers are taking advantage of the cheap deal on Chiltern Railways as highlighted by Nick Davies (thanks),to spend next Wednesday afternoon on a mini crawl around the City Centre.We plan to take in The Post Office Vaults,The Wellington,this Shakespeare,possibly this Shakespear,definitely not this Shakespeare and squeeze a curry in somewhere along the way.Arriving at Moor Street at 12.25 and departing on the 18.43,I have two questions for the locals

1. Have any new real ale outlets opened in the City Centre recently and need a visit ?
    2. Is anyone who lives in the area or works close by interested in meeting up for all or part of the tour ?

As always it would be good to see any PuGer who may be around on the day.

I'll be around next Wednesday, during lunchtime at least. I'll text you to find out where you are.

Post Office Vaults is probably the newest proper drinking establishment in the city centre. They also accept Wetherspoon's 50p off a pint vouchers.
    Waes hael!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I will come armed with the vouchers,thanks for the info.See you on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Two,possibly three, of us southern based quaffers are taking advantage of the cheap deal on Chiltern Railways as highlighted by Nick Davies (thanks),to spend next Wednesday afternoon on a mini crawl around the City Centre.We plan to take in The Post Office Vaults,The Wellington,this Shakespeare,possibly this Shakespear,definitely not this Shakespeare and squeeze a curry in somewhere along the way.Arriving at Moor Street at 12.25 and departing on the 18.43,I have two questions for the locals

1. Have any new real ale outlets opened in the City Centre recently and need a visit ?
    2. Is anyone who lives in the area or works close by interested in meeting up for all or part of the tour ?

As always it would be good to see any PuGer who may be around on the day.
    On a similar note, I'll be in Brum on Friday the 25th for a 25p each way day out on Chiltern Railways...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    On a similar note, I'll be in Brum on Friday the 25th for a 25p each way day out on Chiltern Railways...
    I should be available to meet up for a lunchtime pint if you let me know where you're likely to be (if you PM me your mobile number I can text you on the day)
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    I should be available to meet up for a lunchtime pint if you let me know where you're likely to be (if you PM me your mobile number I can text you on the day)
    I'll do that tomorrow, once I've remembered how to do it!

Default Birmingham City Centre 25th May

Andy - I have tried sending you a PM - it seemed to work OK but I can't see the message in the sent folder, so now I'm uncertain...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Andy - I have tried sending you a PM - it seemed to work OK but I can't see the message in the sent folder, so now I'm uncertain...
    Got it. I've sent you a reply. Let me know what time you will be arriving and where you want to start.
    Waes hael!