Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hoppy's Black Country pub crawl

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    there is no obvious route so any of you know which bus route will goes to Halesowen from Northfield.
    The transportdirect.info site I recommended suggests that would be 2 buses, changing in a slightly different location in Bartley Green in either direction.
    So, for instance; Halesowen>Bartley Green, bus#002, 17mins, then 14min wait for bus#18 to Northfield, 13mins.
    Or (as I now see the direction requested!), Northfield>Bartley Green, bus#18 (at .29 &.59 past hr), 17mins, then 06min wait for bus#002 to Halesowen, 15mins.

Have another play with www.transportdirect.info selecting start finish locations with town/district/village drop-down option & the maps will show you where to board/alight the bus.

ps. It seems you'd be passing the 'Somers Sports & Social Club' which sounds good - 10handpumps, listed grade2, but limited lunch hours (12-14:00).
    pps. You may need a Camra card to get in!
    Last edited by trainman; 15-02-2010 at 17:17. Reason: reverse route, plus ps..., plus pps...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    The transportdirect.info site I recommended suggests that would be 2 buses, changing in a slightly different location in Bartley Green in either direction.
    So, for instance; Halesowen>Bartley Green, bus#002, 17mins, then 14min wait for bus#18 to Northfield, 13mins.
    Or (as I now see the direction requested!), Northfield>Bartley Green, bus#18 (at .29 &.59 past hr), 17mins, then 06min wait for bus#002 to Halesowen, 15mins.

Have another play with www.transportdirect.info selecting start finish locations with town/district/village drop-down option & the maps will show you where to board/alight the bus.
    Brilliant!! I think you just saved my day!

Why I didn't think of it in the first place!

I can catch bus from Northfield to Selly Oak where I can catch bus from Selly Oak to Halesowen.

Thanks Trainman!

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Up to you old bean, tho that doesn't look as geographically direct, to me, as the example above. I also read that Waggon & Horses (14 HPs) and Hawne Tavern (both Halesowen) are past award winners.

Up to you old bean, tho that doesn't look as geographically direct, to me, as the example above. I also read that Waggon & Horses (14 HPs) and Hawne Tavern (both Halesowen) are past award winners.
    Thanks, been to both anyway.

I dont care about geographically.. as long any bus will take me to Halesowen
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I've always preferred any bus that takes me away from Halesowen myself !

Cheers,

Del.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It's taken 30 years to get to 100 (104 if you count the 4 that have now closed)! 101 will probably be tomorrow when I'm off to Wealdstone v Dartford - not much around the Rayners Lane area apart from 'Spoons so looks like grill night and a run of the pumps before kick off. Doing a few pubs in Maidstone next Sunday and looks like the Society Rooms is the meeting point so that will be 102. After that, no idea.
    Hi there,

Would that be The Village Inn ?? I am staying on Pinner Road before the final and thought I may get the chance to pop to that one myself.

There doesn't seem to be another pub near it !!

Cheers,

Del.

I have this idea that Hoppy lives in a parallel Universe where everything is the opposite to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi there,

Would that be The Village Inn ?? I am staying on Pinner Road before the final and thought I may get the chance to pop to that one myself.

There doesn't seem to be another pub near it !!

Cheers,

Del.

Bit of a cock up on the geography front on my part - it is Ruislip Manor I will be at tomorrow, not Rayners Lane. That said, I was at the Village Inn a couple of weeks ago when I went to see Harrow Borough v Dartford (only for it to be called off 45 mins before ko). There isn't much in that part of the world but the Village did have 4 guests on and I've certainly been in worse 'Spoons. I'll try and get a review on tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post

as long any bus will take me to Halesowen
    I don't see anything direct from Selly Oak... that route seems to require another change at 'Court Oak', nr Bearwood, north of Harborne.

I don't see anything direct from Selly Oak... that route seems to require another change at 'Court Oak', nr Bearwood, north of Harborne.
    Right bit of cock up on my part..

I should have said Bearwood not Selly Oak..

Silly me.

Hoppy