Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoppy's Black Country pub crawl

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Theres a new pub opened in Bewdley , The Arches right by the bridge on Severnside , used to be a Cafe Bar but has been converted to a pub very small n cosy and they are converting upstairs into a lounge , got Enville Ale on which i always find a bonus
    ohhh.. new pub! I last visited Bewdley in last year August. I wonder that old cafe sits next door to Fish and Chips by bridge.

Have you been to WoodColliers pub up the hill in Bewdley? Real gem and around 6 handpulls.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It's taken 30 years to get to 100 (104 if you count the 4 that have now closed)! 101 will probably be tomorrow when I'm off to Wealdstone v Dartford - not much around the Rayners Lane area apart from 'Spoons so looks like grill night and a run of the pumps before kick off. Doing a few pubs in Maidstone next Sunday and looks like the Society Rooms is the meeting point so that will be 102. After that, no idea.
    30 years?! First JDW opened in 1978 somewhere in London.

It took me 15 years to reach 100 (that time JDW was relatively unknown) after slow start and number of JDWs I have visited really took off in early 2000's.

My first JDW was The Standing Order, Derby in 1995 and I was 16 (I know I was underage but hey everyone has done it eh?) I remember the price of Carling was 99p!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

HELP

Right I gotta reply on you Black Country residents.

I have searched for bus route that will take me from Northfield to Halesowen. Hoever it seems there is no obvious route so any of you know which bus route will goes to Halesowen from Northfield.

many thanks

Hoppy

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    ohhh.. new pub! I last visited Bewdley in last year August. I wonder that old cafe sits next door to Fish and Chips by bridge.

Have you been to WoodColliers pub up the hill in Bewdley? Real gem and around 6 handpulls.
    As you go over the bridge into town turn left , its the first building next to the fishing tackle shop .
    Have been to the Woodcolliers but not for a few years , it was a cracker then , the Black Boy used to be good as well
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Those Wetherspoons are bloody lovely.. especially £1.49 for coffe and bap.
    I wish you hadn't mentioned lovely, coffee and Wetherspoon in the same sentence. Blouidy heresy
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

My first JDW was The Standing Order, Derby in 1995 !
    I can't actually remember my first but it was probably the Elbow Room in Tottenham - still a pub but no longer a 'Spoons - one of my 4 ex-Spoons.

As you go over the bridge into town turn left , its the first building next to the fishing tackle shop .
    Have been to the Woodcolliers but not for a few years , it was a cracker then , the Black Boy used to be good as well
    Ah! I know where you mean, mate. I will not be visiting Bewdley for while but will visit new pub when I get the chance.

Ironbridge is on my list to do and pity they dont have JDW...

Ah! I know where you mean, mate. I will not be visiting Bewdley for while but will visit new pub when I get the chance.

Ironbridge is on my list to do and pity they dont have JDW...
    Ironbridge doesnt have a JDW but just up the hill on the edge of Madley is the All Nations an all time classic brewpub

Ironbridge doesnt have a JDW but just up the hill on the edge of Madley is the All Nations an all time classic brewpub
    Is it near Blist(sp?) Hill museum if I think correctly. I have visited museum last year and drank in Victorian pub within museum site (name of the pub escapes me)

Is it near Blist(sp?) Hill museum if I think correctly. I have visited museum last year and drank in Victorian pub within museum site (name of the pub escapes me)
    Its not far away , though you wound`nt find it if you did`nt know where to look