Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoppy's Black Country pub crawl

Default Hoppy's Black Country pub crawl

Before I start, I found another JDW pub I forgetten to tick off.. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/63725/ which takes me to 98 JDW I have visited.

I have pencilled in 23rd Feb for next pub crawl.

Possibly 7 or 8 JDWs to be ticked off..

Northfield (new JDW)
    Halesowen
    Stourbridge
    Brierley Hill x2
    Dudley
    Sedgley
    Walsall

I'll let you know for more updates.
    Last edited by hopwas; 14-02-2010 at 12:26.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

You ever done Stourport Hoppy? , i drive through it on occasion and there looks a few intresting pubs in this slightly strange place , a seaside style town about as far from the sea as you can get
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I like Stourport but it has been feeling the pinch of the recession. Quiet in the winter it gets busy in the summer with day trippers and Holiday Caravaners. The Crown by the bridge and the fair is a JDWs. Not the biggest by any means , it has an outside seating area where you can be defeaned by music from a peice of fairground equipment. Stourport is worth a bit of research. The Tontine was still closed last time I passed but the canal area and marina worth a look.Its a small town so staggering distances are n't to far.Great fish and chip shops aswell.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 14-02-2010 at 23:11.

Cheers Mr A , just had a look at your reviews , know what you mean about the ring road bit , always fancied the look of The Old Beams it looks how an old pub should , if you know what i mean . I drive through most weeks to avoid Kiddiminster and it is weird to come across a seaside town so far from the sea

I was restricted on my visits because Stouport is not wheelchair friendly as to its hilly nature ( and the mrs was no lightweight). The Beams has plenty of parking and a large safe outside grassed area. The interior was looking a bit tired last year. Cannot remember the beer. All it wants is a string of donkeys and a pier.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    You ever done Stourport Hoppy? , i drive through it on occasion and there looks a few intresting pubs in this slightly strange place , a seaside style town about as far from the sea as you can get
    I done Stourport mate even ticked off JDW's The Olde Crown Inn and yeah it has feeling of Seaside Town despite sea is miles away. Not ideal place for people with weak legs or wheelchair users as it is very hilly!

I was disappointed with Stourport's pubs and you are better off with nearby Bewdley as they have stunning pubs.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Before I start, I found another JDW pub I forgetten to tick off.. http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/63725/ which takes me to 98 JDW I have visited.
    I hit the ton yesterday when we stopped off at the Moon Under Water in Wigan for a beer breakfast on the way to the Bolton v Spurs match. I'm glad it was a pretty good 'Spoons to achieve my milestone however I do seem to be acquiring a crepuscular beer habit these days! Damn those Wetherspoon breakfasts.

Congratulations! Those Wetherspoons are bloody lovely.. especially £1.49 for coffe and bap.

If everything going to plan then Halesowen's The William Shenstone will be by 100th.

Roger, now go for 150th!

I done Stourport mate even ticked off JDW's The Olde Crown Inn and yeah it has feeling of Seaside Town despite sea is miles away. Not ideal place for people with weak legs or wheelchair users as it is very hilly!

I was disappointed with Stourport's pubs and you are better off with nearby Bewdley as they have stunning pubs.
    Theres a new pub opened in Bewdley , The Arches right by the bridge on Severnside , used to be a Cafe Bar but has been converted to a pub very small n cosy and they are converting upstairs into a lounge , got Enville Ale on which i always find a bonus

Congratulations! Those Wetherspoons are bloody lovely.. especially £1.49 for coffe and bap.

If everything going to plan then Halesowen's The William Shenstone will be by 100th.

Roger, now go for 150th!
    It's taken 30 years to get to 100 (104 if you count the 4 that have now closed)! 101 will probably be tomorrow when I'm off to Wealdstone v Dartford - not much around the Rayners Lane area apart from 'Spoons so looks like grill night and a run of the pumps before kick off. Doing a few pubs in Maidstone next Sunday and looks like the Society Rooms is the meeting point so that will be 102. After that, no idea.