Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Central London

This Space For Hire

Default Central London

Unfortunately my knowledge of central London extends to Euston Tap, Bree Louise and the Craft Company Inn and even the latter I'm not sure if I called right. Oh and Brewdog Camden. I arrive in 1pm Sunday and have the whole day to explore...happy to receive recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Unfortunately my knowledge of central London extends to Euston Tap, Bree Louise and the Craft Company Inn and even the latter I'm not sure if I called right. Oh and Brewdog Camden. I arrive in 1pm Sunday and have the whole day to explore...happy to receive recommendations
    Ah,that London... Don't go there too often:when I do, I'm passing through,but I usually call into The Rake in Borough Market.(Sorry, can't do links.)An interesting,if somewhat trendy market pub, with an ever changing range of cask ales,also craft keg.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Spinko ,sadly your Sunday visit will mean missing out on two excellent pubs (for real ale) namely The Old Fountain and Edgar Wallace which dont open at weekends.I agree that Craft Beer Co should be on your list ,and the ever reliable Harp is one not to miss if in the really touristy part of London.

Enjoy your days drinking

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Had a couple of beers in Euston Tap yesterday. £3,20 a pint so not bad. Unlike the Packet Yard Fullers House in Kings Cross station where I was charged £4 a pint for their Bengal Lancer. OK so it is 5% but it was my first £4 pint.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

If you want a bit of history and listed heritage interiors to go with your pint then may I suggest Princess Louise and The Salisbury and Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese and The Argyll Arms and The George depending on what part of town you are going to be in...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Just to add a few more for you:

• Southampton Arms in Gospel Oak would probably be near the top of your list if you were willing to venture into Zone 2, particularly if you're interested in checking out some of the new London micros. Buses 214 & C2 run from outside to Brewdog if that's your itinerary.
    • The Old Coffee House serves good quality Brodies.
    • Cask Pub & Kitchen is a run by the same people as Craft Beer Co (and has a few more seats available, which may be handy tomorrow, as few people look likely to be outside).
    • Finally, if you're heading to Borough Market, you could walk on for another 10 minutes to the Royal Oak. Harvey's London outpost with a 'traditional' interior.

Given the weather forecast, you'll be wanting to spend time indoors - looks like you've got plenty of options.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

A classic is to hit Borough/Southwark - plenty there in an area away from tourists - The Charles Dickens and The Kings Arms and Lord Clyde and The Royal Oak and The Market Porter and The Rake and The Wheatsheaf should keep you busy with minimal travelling.