Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont think its a pub

Default I dont think its a pub

I'll stick my neck out, but I dont think that this is a pub. The Cardinals Hat.
    I found a picture of a pub of that name from twenty odd years ago. It looks really nice. I've never been but Im sure they make a nice cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by ape_arrody View Post
    I'll stick my neck out, but I dont think that this is a pub. The Cardinals Hat.
    I found a picture of a pub of that name from twenty odd years ago. It looks really nice. I've never been but Im sure they make a nice cup of tea.
    It's obviously not a pub and never has been as it's a new build. It's simply a house.

Are we now putting pictures of spaces that used to be where a pub stood on here now?

That way leads to madness.

I have no idea what is going on here but I think it needs deleting.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 22-04-2012 at 11:21.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I'll stay on me own

I agree with what you are saying Rob about people taking photos of houses and the like, but i would like this pub to stay on the site as i went in it on 7 August 1997

the pub was a Wilsons tied house with keg beers on the bar and like most pubs on the langley estate it was a rough dump.

I do have a photo of this pub but i am not able to put it on the site yet but i will be able to in the near future.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I think Dave & Conrad were more than happy to have whatever now exists in the space that pubs used to inhabit, more for historical accuracy than pub guide

No doubt D / C will advise if I have wrong end of the sitick
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I think Dave & Conrad were more than happy to have whatever now exists in the space that pubs used to inhabit, more for historical accuracy than pub guide
    If a pub has been coverted into something else like a home or a shop I've no problem.

But taking a picture of a housing estate just because there used to be a pub there !!!!!!!!!

AND then posting them as the ONLY picture on the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madness.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying Rob about people taking photos of houses and the like, but i would like this pub to stay on the site as i went in it on 7 August 1997

the pub was a Wilsons tied house with keg beers on the bar and like most pubs on the langley estate it was a rough dump.

I do have a photo of this pub but i am not able to put it on the site yet but i will be able to in the near future.
    hope you don't mind me stealing your info The Cardinals Hat
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Administrator

Ok, so the only thing that really needed doing here was marking the pub as closed, which is now done. (Thanks Nick)

I've no huge problem with having photos of what is now on the site of where a pub once stood. I guess ideally I would hope that for a good historical record we would have a photo of how the pub once looked, how it looks now - even if that means the site was cleared and now turned into flats and some sort of description of what happened to it when. I do find it frustrating that clearly some members do all of that research and then don't share it with the world.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    I've no huge problem with having photos of what is now on the site of where a pub once stood.
    I must say I'm more in agreement with ROBCamra on this point. Could this thread be moved to another part of the forum so that discussion can be opened up to those who don't visit this area?

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I must say I'm more in agreement with ROBCamra on this point. Could this thread be moved to another part of the forum so that discussion can be opened up to those who don't visit this area?

Cheers
    Very sensible idea, it does help me if we don't have discussion going on it the 'that doesn't go there' area as it can get confusing as to what if anything needs doing.

Please bear in mind that there are around five regular users of the site who take an interest in historical pub listings but sadly most of them don't participate on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I must say I'm more in agreement with ROBCamra on this point.
    I'm not. I'm with D and C.

I've added a couple myself like The Dove