Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Last Orders' Radio 4. Friday 19th Feb 11.00

I'll have to listen to that - cheers for the info!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I thought it was a little dated in style and didn't tackle the major issues of today
    Finally managed to listen to it today.Have to admit it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it was a gentle half hour's diversion. It reminded me of those spoken word history projects of the fifties and sixties. Will probably listen to part twothough.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Just a quick reminder, the second part of this is this morning at 11:00 on radio 4.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Just listened to the second part, which I found much more enjoyable than last week's opener. Possibly it was because I knew what to expect, but also the contributors seemed to have warmed up a bit. Worth catching if only for the discussion on how to look after beer.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I quite enjoyed this weeks as well having not been taken by the first part, as you say knowing the formula helped, also they were talking a lot more about the things that made a pub good, and reminiscing about the good times rather than talking about barring people and the like which last weeks seemed to be.

Not up yet, but should be available on this page later: Last Orders Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I quite enjoyed this weeks as well having not been taken by the first part, as you say knowing the formula helped, also they were talking a lot more about the things that made a pub good, and reminiscing about the good times rather than talking about barring people and the like which last weeks seemed to be.

Not up yet, but should be available on this page later: Last Orders Part 2.
    I caught part of todays (and last week's) while hopping in and out of vans and tractors, so I missed more than I heard, but I was taken with the closing comment of one northern landlord appropos the closure of umpteen pubs per week.He was less concerned with the inevitable change of focus and character of pubs than wih their disapearancence they've gone its no good worrying about the changing pub. Or words to that effect.