Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Jarrow brewery finally kaput?

Default Jarrow brewery finally kaput?

http://www.stonch.co.uk/2015/09/a-no...an-lament.html

It really seems like Jarrow Brewery is no more. They ran into financial trouble earlier this year, but a new phoenix company was formed to keep production going. Sadly that wasn't the end of it. In August HMRC seized what they believed was beer brewed without a licence. Now the new company is also in administration. The outlook is bleak.

I've only ever had one beer from them (I think - a very pleasant Rivet Catcher when I was up in Sunderland earlier this year).

I don't recall having seen their beers. Page 958 of the 2016 GBG has a long list of ones that have given up or gone bust including a fairly local one for me the Ha'penny brewery on the outskirts of Ilford. I've never seen their beers either!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    http://www.stonch.co.uk/2015/09/a-no...an-lament.html

It really seems like Jarrow Brewery is no more. They ran into financial trouble earlier this year, but a new phoenix company was formed to keep production going. Sadly that wasn't the end of it. In August HMRC seized what they believed was beer brewed without a licence. Now the new company is also in administration. The outlook is bleak.

I've only ever had one beer from them (I think - a very pleasant Rivet Catcher when I was up in Sunderland earlier this year).
    Tried Rivet Catcher a couple of years back at this pub: http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54902/ As I recall is was a decent drop "sinuous hops" springs to mind.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Had about 10 beers from Jarrow but cant say any stood out but thought they were well like on Tyneside.Used to be easy to find around London.They went bust a few years ago and opened the next day as the same brewery stiffing the taxman for a lot of money.No way were Customs going to let them do it again so they had to start a new business. So that's the third time they have failed.