Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Things you've overheard in a pub

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Sitting here having a beer next to an animated couple in their mid twenties. Problem is they are Chinese, or possibly Korean, so J have no idea what they are saying. I thought it was worthy of a post though as he is drinking halves of OJ and she is drinking pints of real ale. Go Girl !!
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I'll stay on me own

We was in The Stanhope Arms yesterday dinner when a people started coming in for drinks before going to a wedding with the church being nearby,a couple arrived a bit later than the rest they were in their mid 50s and they ordered two pints of lager when everbody was leaving to go to the church,the husband said to his wife " what shall we do with these pints now" wife says "we'll take them to the church with us" husband " good idea".
    Thats what i call a proper pair of P*** Heads.

This Space For Hire

euston tap
    the beer -huhnhenn-d.r.i.p.a. 9.5
    customer-which country is the huhnhenn brewery from
    barman-its american and the beer is a double rice ipa but dont ask me what the initials stand for
    customer -what about double rice ipa
    barman-its been a long day.
    cheers

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Resurrecting this old thread. Bloke comes in with his wife and two young kids. Comes to the bar, where they have 5 handpumps, and says "I think I'll have something different, I'll have a Doombar" 🙄. But then he orders crisps for the kids and asks for cheese and onion, only to be told "we have plain cheese". OK, one of those and a salt & vinegar. And then it gets funnier as the barmaid said "we have plain salt or plain vinegar" . He says I'll have a vinegar, and we exchange WTF glances. Maybe this is some sort of Vegan/Gluten/Snowflake thing, but it made me chuckle.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Resurrecting this old thread. Bloke comes in with his wife and two young kids. Comes to the bar, where they have 5 handpumps, and says "I think I'll have something different, I'll have a Doombar" 🙄. But then he orders crisps for the kids and asks for cheese and onion, only to be told "we have plain cheese". OK, one of those and a salt & vinegar. And then it gets funnier as the barmaid said "we have plain salt or plain vinegar" . He says I'll have a vinegar, and we exchange WTF glances. Maybe this is some sort of Vegan/Gluten/Snowflake thing, but it made me chuckle.
    I used to call in a pub where whe asking for a packet of cheese and onion you always got offered 'cheap' or 'posh', cheap being Walker's and posh being one of the fancy brands. Might have been to do with that.