Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The London 2012 Olympics Thread

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Just found an Olympics offering from Adnams called Flame Runner. Not a great beer, 3.9% worth of blandness in my opinion.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I don't know anyone who has the slightest interest in this charade, and that includes amateur runners.

The media coverage of this rubbish, especially by the BBC and even more so by BBC London and also by schools is nothing short of state brainwashing. When this sort of thing went on in Mao Tse Tung's China it was roundly condemned by western governments.

All credit to the E17 Rose and Crown for not displaying the coca-cola tat that is associated with this torch non-event.

I can not stand Sports of any kind especially watching it on TV. Can someone please list any pubs in north London Pubs that will not be showing any of the Olympics or sport on TV over this period even the Spoons is showing it.. Is there no escape
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

You two should be friends with Holly at The Daily Mash
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Can I be a friend of Holly too please?

Alesonly

I very much doubt if anyone will be watching this rubbish in most pubs and certainly not Spoons. As I said earlier the whole event is a massive hype by the BBC, the media and the global corporate abominations that are sponsoring it. The IOC is a totally corrupt shambles as has been shown on several occasions ( a bit like the FA, FIFA, UEFA etc etc).

A few months ago that stupid blond bimbo Gobby Logan had a right go at people who don't "support" the Olympics.
    After this outburst it was revealed that she was one of the presenting team for the Olympics! Well she would say that wouldn't she?

Her argument was that the contestants spend years of training and deserve some support. Rubbish!! Nobody is forcing them to do it they are doing it as a hobby and because they enjoy doing it. I enjoy going to the pub and drinking beer but I don't expect a crowd of people to follow me around and clap and cheer!

There might be some exceptions in the few who are good enough to gain sponsorship and possibly if they win making a career in the media, like that Scottish idiot who was given a knighthood for cycling round and round in a circle. The marketing buffoons at the global corporate abomination called Kellogs decided that this knighted clown could sell Corn Flakes!

The whole thing makes my blood boil!

What a bunch of moaning, miserable old sods.

Why don't you do what I'm going to do..........................leave the country.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I agree with Aqualung. All sport starts really from an individual doing something they find fun and so good luck to them in their hobby. We all find something in life we enjoy doing, and yes, going round pubs and beer festivals is my enjoyment.

I don't mind them having their "school sports day" and getting accolades from like minded people, but don't want it rammed down my throat morning noon and night.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    What a bunch of moaning, miserable old sods.

Why don't you do what I'm going to do..........................leave the country.
    I would love leave for six weeks I Asked them if I could take my six weeks leave over that time but sadly all leave has been cancelled till after the Olympics. They want all us on duty or on stand by in-case of trouble so not much chance of a Beer anyway except on rest days.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

For anyone around in London, there is a decent map in the June/July JDW magazine. It shows their bars, but not a bad map.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.