Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camra Local Pub Of The Year Winners- 2012

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

That's a very good list and has given me a good steer towards a pub to visit when in Lincoln next month. In terms of my local(s) ,I am often in The Old Cross Tavern,Hertford which has made the list although The George ,Croydon hasn't featured this time.

I have clocked up 18 on my travels,and will be working hard to add to that total.

That's a very good list and has given me a good steer towards a pub to visit when in Lincoln next month. In terms of my local(s) ,I am often in The Old Cross Tavern,Hertford which has made the list although The George ,Croydon hasn't featured this time.

I have clocked up 18 on my travels,and will be working hard to add to that total.

Oops

The closest one to me is the Robin Hood & Little John in Bexleyheath which is very overrated despite it winning the title 11 years in the last 12 (and the only reason it didn't win 2 years ago was because they introduced a new rule whereby the same pub can't win 2 years running!). It's a decent enough pub but not enough variety or rotation in the beers for me.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Just 14 for me, and I still haven't managed the local Watford & District one. The reason being that it's nowhere near Watford and you can only get there on a bus that doesn't run at weekends. I wonder if it's running today, as soon as I get rid of ths hangover I might think about a trip.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Just 14 for me, and I still haven't managed the local Watford & District one. The reason being that it's nowhere near Watford and you can only get there on a bus that doesn't run at weekends. I wonder if it's running today, as soon as I get rid of ths hangover I might think about a trip.
    Due to Good Friday it'll be a Sunday service today most likely, the pubs are supposed to shut at 10:30pm but I think afternoon opening stays.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Due to Good Friday it'll be a Sunday service today most likely, the pubs are supposed to shut at 10:30pm but I think afternoon opening stays.
    You were right, it was a Sunday service. I ended up going to St Albans where three of the pubs have festivals on. The Mermaid also has a cider festival with around 25 ciders and I got stuck into the Moonshine and Old Bristolian from Broadoak.

Didn't make it to 10:30 so have no idea if they closed early or not
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.