Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Residents in protest against new JDW opening

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Spooky! That website's a time portal. Open it up and you travel back to 1999. Either that or nothing much has changed in 2999. By the way if anyone is interested in joining the PuG Time Travellers Club, the next meeting will be last Tuesday.
    Boy you are correct.. i hasn't realised it was from 1999! I thought it looked bit tacky and now I know why!

Oh I will see you at last Tuesday meeting...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    What is it that turns relatively harmless blokes enjoying a pint and a fag INSIDE a pub into a menacing gang of nicotine addicts you have second thoughts on requesting access to the pub when outside ?
    Something that's puzzled me for ages, well, at least since the ban. Most like it's down to the Daily Mail and the like.........

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    In Newport from the top of the street
    take you about 5 mins to walk one end to other
    How about adding Zacks, ale ain't much, but the fish and chips are pretty good.........

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Looks like my nearest store is in Knutsford!
    Friends of mine had a lurcher called Knutsford. The bought him in Knutsford services. Big bugger he were..........
    Off to the pub now.........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

891 to Telford Bus Station then 481 to Newport http://www.cartoplus.co.uk/telford_wrekin_2/town.htm

The 891 stops in Shifnal 8-9 pubs some pretty good , then you could do the short hop to Telford Town Centre and the Thomas Bottfield another JDW to tick off
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

891 to Telford Bus Station then 481 to Newport http://www.cartoplus.co.uk/telford_wrekin_2/town.htm

The 891 stops in Shifnal 8-9 pubs some pretty good , then you could do the short hop to Telford Town Centre and the Thomas Bottfield another JDW to tick off
    Brilliant! Shame there is only7 JDWs in Shropshire, 3 of those is in Shrewsbury so it is pretty sparse in Shropshire.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Brilliant! Shame there is only7 JDWs in Shropshire, 3 of those is in Shrewsbury so it is pretty sparse in Shropshire.
    If you fancy an adventure you could try Market Drayton , the JDW is the Hippodrome (its an old cinema) and there are about 14 pubs in a 2/3 min walk in fact theres about 9 in a 100 yard radius

I dont believe it.. I was looking in JDW's website for Shropshire JDWs and I realised I actually visited The Shrewsbury Hotel in Shrewsbury! That takes me up to 97 JDWS I have visited..

If you fancy an adventure you could try Market Drayton , the JDW is the Hippodrome (its an old cinema) and there are about 14 pubs in a 2/3 min walk in fact theres about 9 in a 100 yard radius
    9 in a 100 yard radius?! Thats lots...

Thanks! I will be going to Market Drayton one day to kick off JDW obviously..

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    9 in a 100 yard radius?! Thats lots...

Thanks! I will be going to Market Drayton one day to kick off JDW obviously..
    The one end of town has the Red Lion and Stags Head next door toeach other , a few doors up theres the sadly closed Corbet Arms across the road from Jeffros , if you go across the square theres the Crown next door to the Star and across the road the Stafford Court , back across the square theres three pubs in a row , Tudor House , Clive and Coffyne and Sambrook Vaults then about 50 yds up the road is the Kings Arms next door to Oscars and not far from the Coach and Horses and Joiners , the JDW is the other end of the main street about a 3 min walk from the square , there is a pub across the road from it that has changed its name recently and i cant remember its new name