Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wetherspoon Festival March 2012 thread

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's on a very long list of ales that I really must try,hopefully while up in Yorkshire on the boat.If this drought in the east midlands continues ,I may be stuck up north quite a bit this year
    It rained for about 5 minutes this afternoon the first rain in quite a while,i hope this helps your plight

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's on a very long list of ales that I really must try,hopefully while up in Yorkshire on the boat.If this drought in the east midlands continues ,I may be stuck up north quite a bit this year
    Straying off topic a bit but I noticed recently while walking The Grand Union through Hertfordshire that there are a couple of areas being drained and renovated. Is this what's affecting you BF? Must be frustrating even if such things are necessary from time to time.

After the show was over

I went to Wetherspoons Ruthin (Castle Hotel) today, post festival, to find there were NO micro beers on, the only bitters were Ruddles and GK Abbot and the only other beers on were Hydes Dark Mild and Caledonion Coffee Porter.
    Most of the handpumps were that famous Wetherspoon beer that no one has tried called "Available Soon".
    It is one of the better Wetherspoon conversions with at least seven different drinking areas, but on three visits, the beer choice has been disappointing.
    Still, the mild was excellent and the Coffee Porter was OK.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    It rained for about 5 minutes this afternoon the first rain in quite a while,i hope this helps your plight
    That was the first rain I had seen while boating for quite a while.The following day there was horizontal sleet in a nasty cross wind around Tamworth.Every little helps

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Straying off topic a bit but I noticed recently while walking The Grand Union through Hertfordshire that there are a couple of areas being drained and renovated. Is this what's affecting you BF? Must be frustrating even if such things are necessary from time to time.
    That may have been the regular winter repair work but the GU was closed and partially dewatered around Tring from early January until mid March meaning I was stuck in Hemel Hempstead for that period. Did manage quite a few new reviews in that area

I have since shot up to Lichfield,plenty of water around there.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 05-04-2012 at 10:17. Reason: Wrong orientation