Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoppy's JDW tour of West Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    I must practise taming the BEAST before I can say I have mastered it..
    Runningdog, care to teach me...
    To paraphrase an old lyric....'You teaching?' 'You buying? ' I'm buying' 'I'm teaching'..........
    Bring on the BeastDon't mind if I do
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    To paraphrase an old lyric....'You teaching?' 'You buying? ' I'm buying' 'I'm teaching'..........
    Bring on the BeastDon't mind if I do
    I'll buy you a pint only if you can bring your bum to West Midlands..

Oh Runningdog, save some BEAST for me mate...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Hoppy have you invented a new sport called Extreme Pub Crawling ? The route you mention, is that in the correct order. The Northfield I know is South Westish of Selly Oak and North of Longbridge. I would have said Walsall >Northfield> Stourbridge but may be you have a convuluted tour in mind. I know Northfield from my trips to the QE Hosp to see the mrs and in my opinion its a desert as regards any decent pubs. Selly Oak and Harbourne have a number of reasonable ones. Again the area was hit pretty bad when Rover went to the wall and it had started to look a bit run down all over that area.The only thing that I know about buses in that area is that the drivers think they have the gawd given right to stop in box junctions and foul up the traffic. I did not notice an excess of one eyed pirate types.

I'll buy you a pint only if you can bring your bum to West Midlands..
    I ever get that way, which may not be impossible during the summer, I will give you a shout.
    When I'm calling you,ooo,ou...OK, I know, I'll drink up, get me coat, and leave you in peace..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 11-02-2010 at 23:49.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    Hoppy have you invented a new sport called Extreme Pub Crawling ? The route you mention, is that in the correct order. The Northfield I know is South Westish of Selly Oak and North of Longbridge. I would have said Walsall >Northfield> Stourbridge but may be you have a convuluted tour in mind. I know Northfield from my trips to the QE Hosp to see the mrs and in my opinion its a desert as regards any decent pubs. Selly Oak and Harbourne have a number of reasonable ones. Again the area was hit pretty bad when Rover went to the wall and it had started to look a bit run down all over that area.The only thing that I know about buses in that area is that the drivers think they have the gawd given right to stop in box junctions and foul up the traffic. I did not notice an excess of one eyed pirate types.
    Only problem I prefer Walsall to be my last cos they have bus that goes to Lichfield.

So I prefer Northfield, Halesowen, Sourbridge then work upwards to walsall
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    I am hoping to do Harborne tomorrow after work - did Walsall and Gornal again last week - life is lovely!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    I am hoping to do Harborne tomorrow after work - did Walsall and Gornal again last week - life is lovely!
    Hey Soupy.. long time eh?

Avoid Harborne Stores! I know they don't sell any MILD or Real ales.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with White Horse.. Simply outstanding pub.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Hey Soupy.. long time eh?

Avoid Harborne Stores! I know they don't sell any MILD or Real ales.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with White Horse.. Simply outstanding pub.
    Yes mate, i hear it is supposed to be good, but will do them all as usual!

it has been years since i was last down there - i think i was attending the Open Uni in Harborne at the time
    MILD: