Hi everybody, I must admit I had mixed day yesterday in Birmingham/Sandwell area. Anyway here I go..

I got off at Sutton Coldfield to catch 907 that goes to Perry Parr where Birmingham's newest JDW The Arthur Roberston is..

THE ARTHUR ROBERSTON, PERRY PARR

After 10 mins travelling, I got off directly opposite The One Stop Shopping Centre and I had to navigate countless traffic lights and subways to get to JDW. I never liked One Stop Shopping Centre because its building is so 1980's but I won't go further. The Arthur Roberston is on Western most corner, next to main entrance to shopping mall. My first impression is it looks bit dodgy and dark but I was very wrong! Massive single room and surprisingly airy. Photographs of Arthur Robertson and Birchfield athletics stadium everywhere, Arthur Roberston was well known athletic and won Gold and Sliver in Olympics. Very pleasant JDW I admit. I would go back. I had half of Okrwell's Celtic Porter which is all right. The Arthur Roberston is very handy for nearby Perry Parr stadium and Perry Parr's railway station which sits opposite.

Back on bus to City Centre where I caught 14 to Alum Rock, I got off right by The Hornet..

THE HORNET, ALUM ROCK

Only JDW of eastern side of Birmingham I never visited so landmark for me. Turned out be big disappointment drinkers are full of OAPS and The Hornet is more like working man club than JDW. Fairly small and very basic furniture. No pictures, sole television to keep drinkers amused. Bizarre Gent toilet layout, which I cant explain! Choice of real ales are poor or its clips turned around. So I opted for safe one, Ruddles cost me mere 50p! I wont be bother go back but at least I ticked this pub. This pub has been on my mind for years and finally I can safely say its gremlins has flicked off my shoulders. Luckily bus stop is right outside and I caught bus back to Brum..

I caught 258 bus where it will take me to Rowley Regis and dropped off on High Street by massive Sainsbury's and I can see The Britannia in the distance..

THE BRITANNIA, ROWLEY REGIS

It looked like huge barn on the outside. So I went in, the heat hits me and I felt like I am in tropical country instead of chilly UK! I was sweating like a pig so I took off my coat and woolly hat plus gloves. After browsing real ale range and I was delighted to see Runningdog's favourite tipple.. Exmoor's BEAST (6.6%). I foolishly ordered pint.. I ended up like I had 10 pints!

The Britannia is right on Sandwell/Halesowen border. L shaped room with quite large beer garden on the side of pub. I can see it is very friendly place and had no problems apart from bit too warm for me I wanted to stay here all day and enjoy the BEAST. Sadly I had to drag myself out to catch bus to Cradley Heath albeit feeling punch drunk.. I got on 404a bus (thanks to Delboy!) and after 15 mins on bus (if you go on 404a bus, view of massive cremetry on the hill, it is quite awesome to watch)

I arrived in CRAZY Cradley Heath.. Boy, plenty to talk about this place.

PART 2 COMING UP..