Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: News from Brighton

  1. #11
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    link please!
    I thought you worked in IT?

    https://twitter.com/#!/thesnowdropinn

    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways drink in hand, shouting "Holy Shit what a ride!"

  2. #12
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I thought you worked in IT?

    https://twitter.com/#!/thesnowdropinn
    I'm a DBA, which means I know little about computers but can write you a decent SQL query and complain at length about your lack of data integrity!

    EDIT: I am reliably informed it also stands for Does Bugger All
    Last edited by Quinno; 31-03-2012 at 22:48.

  3. #13
    Baum Quality Supervisor ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I'm a DBA, which means I know little about computers but can write you a decent SQL query and complain at length about your lack of data integrity!
    From my time as a Technical Manager I can assure you that DBA stands for Don't Bother Asking, no matter what they tell you it stands for.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  4. #14
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    From my time as a Technical Manager I can assure you that DBA stands for Don't Bother Asking, no matter what they tell you it stands for.
    The old 'uns are the best 'uns!

  5. #15
    I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mainly Sussex but I like to move about
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    link please!
    Don't know if you picked up on the link, Quinno, but it's all kicked off in there! Maybe one day we shall discover who made the first move in or out of the old Spotted Dog, but it's all very unseemly.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 30 years

  6. #16
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Don't know if you picked up on the link, Quinno, but it's all kicked off in there! Maybe one day we shall discover who made the first move in or out of the old Spotted Dog, but it's all very unseemly.

  7. #17
    I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mainly Sussex but I like to move about
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Bit harsh - only trying to help
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 30 years

  8. #18
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Bit harsh - only trying to help

Similar Threads

  1. Tragic News
    By rpadam in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-12-2011, 11:07
  2. Win-win news story
    By rpadam in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-03-2011, 11:27
  3. a swift one - Good News and Bad News
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 06:17
  4. More bad news ...
    By Delboy20 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 02:53
  5. Pub news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 22:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •