Some of you may know, most are probably not interested in the slightest, but London Midland trains are running a cheap travel promotion for a few weeks - £10 to roam their network for a day. I thought I'd take advantage, so I've printed off my voucher for this coming Saturday. Weather permitting, I'm intending to visit Worcester, Central Birmingham & Lichfield.

As there are a few Midlands-based folk hanging around here, maybe some of you can recommend decent pubs serving interesting beer in any of those places? A 'decent' pub probably wouldn't be showing Sky Sports and definitely won't have shaven-headed men glaring in the direction of the bloke quietly reading a paper in the corner. 'Interesting' beer is ale that I may not be able to find around here - I'm not too bothered what colour, although yellow or black are normally preferable to brown.

I look forward to receiving your recommendations - it's only a flying visit, so I won't be doing them all (unless I only get a couple of suggestions).

Cheers