Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone for (boring) brown bitter?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Attachment 799The beer on the left was mentioned by myself in the IPA's the good the bad and the ugly thread (bad),it also qualifies for the boring brown bitter category as does its bed mate in this picture.
    That's a shocker.BTW where did you get the chalk from,Moby
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's a shocker.BTW where did you get the chalk from,Moby
    I found it near the dartboard,it was just asking to be used.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Not very often I get excited about brown beer these days, usually preferring pale or black brews. However, I think Frothingham Best from the Great Newsome brewery deserves an honorable mention. Brewed with Crystal malts and Pilgrim hops, it's really hit the spot the last couple of times I've tried it. Anyone else come across it? The brewery is based in Hull, so it may not have made an appearance dahn sarf.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Just drunk possibly the most perfect pint I've ever had the pleasure to drink, I am not a fan of brown beer in general but two pints of Darkstar Six Hop ale ,6.5%, was absolutely spot on tonight and in appearance brown ,albeit pale brown, but definitely heaven for me tonight, easily beer of the year for me already and I can't see anything to beat it at this point.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Just drunk possibly the most perfect pint I've ever had the pleasure to drink, I am not a fan of brown beer in general but two pints of Darkstar Six Hop ale ,6.5%, was absolutely spot on tonight and in appearance brown ,albeit pale brown, but definitely heaven for me tonight, easily beer of the year for me already and I can't see anything to beat it at this point.
    Now , now Moby this should be about brown and boring like my recent Banks bitter not great beers of the 21 st century.(and its not even brown to my eyes anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Now , now Moby this should be about brown and boring like my recent Banks bitter not great beers of the 21 st century.(and its not even brown to my eyes anyway.)
    Oh yes Doom bar,London Pride,Bombardier,Courage Best,Greenking Ipa ......... I'll stop now I'm getting depressed
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Not very often I get excited about brown beer these days, usually preferring pale or black brews. However, I think Frothingham Best from the Great Newsome brewery deserves an honorable mention. Brewed with Crystal malts and Pilgrim hops, it's really hit the spot the last couple of times I've tried it. Anyone else come across it? The brewery is based in Hull, so it may not have made an appearance dahn sarf.
    I saw it in this pub Hollybush so it has managed to reach south Leicestershire.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

In recent months, I have twice encountered proper hoppy best bitters - wish I could remember the other, but one was Bristol Beer Factory's "Bitter Californian" - a hybrid between a traditional English Best Bitter and the wonderfully aromatic Californian Pale Ales, they say and I'd agree. Recommended if you see it on the bar.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

The Six Hop was certainly on splendid form in the Cask & Kitchen yesterday, and my Spanish colleague had certainly never encountered a beer anything like it (having only experienced dreary cerveza until relatively recently...).

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    The Six Hop was certainly on splendid form in the Cask & Kitchen yesterday, and my Spanish colleague had certainly never encountered a beer anything like it (having only experienced dreary cerveza until relatively recently...).
    Education is a wonderful thing , Six Hop or Cerveza ? I like to think I am Slightly educated
    -W.C.Fields