Visit the Woolpack Dave's Beer and Stuff site

In my last post I criticised The Portman Group for seeming to side with the Government's propaganda regarding the use of so called binge drinking as an excuse to raise taxes. However, I notice the following words on their site.

"It is really important that we put this report in context. The vast majority of people drink responsibly. Painting doomsday scenarios won’t help reduce alcohol misuse and calling for Soviet Union style population controls cannot do anything but alienate the vast majority of people who already drink within Government guidelines. We agree with the Prime Minister that strong partnerships are essential to tackle the minority who use alcohol recklessly and drinks producers are committed to supporting this approach.”

Henry Ashworth
Chief Executive, Portman Group
Now, I'm not entirely sure what "this report" actually is, and I really dislike the fact that they "agree with the Prime Minister"

However, in my previous post I inserted an image from a website about Soviet Union Anti-Alcohol Propaganda. Have The Portman Group noticed that I did? Have I influenced them a little? Or is this just another one of my imaginative little guy/big guy interactions?

No, you are right, I'm imagining it.

But still, well done The Portman Group for also feeling that we may not be as free as we would like to think we are.

Alcohol is helpful as a social relaxant. When taken in moderation it can be a positive thing in a hardworking persons life. You have earned that right after a hard days work, after the stress of modern life, to a relaxing evening, don't let them stop you.

I do wish The Portman Group would just stop agreeing with The Government's silly party pooping nonsense.

More...