Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: The Gremlin Hotel

Default The Gremlin Hotel

The September 2011 pictures of The Gremlin Hotel don't appear to me to be of the same pub as the older ones and Google pictures.

Administrator

Hi Alan,

I can't confirm in any direction. The styling is similar, but looking at satellite and streetview there are discrepancies between them as a Lidl has gone up in the area. It seems to me it may well have been redeveloped recently.

Also you haven't suggested what you want us to do about it.

Another clue was the direction of the satalite dish compared to the one to the one on the back of the pub on Google, suggesting the new photo was at a 90 degree angle to the pub. I've been watching too much Columbo!!
    Leave it there, its doing no harm, it might well be a new development.

Administrator

I hadn't actually spotted the 90 degree aspect, that being the case I think it is a row of flats in the back yard. Sadly I couldn't confirm or deny this as all the angles I could find were rubbish.

Solved!! The picture is a new development of the hotel. The block has replaced the single storey block at the back of the hotel. The view from the bedroom window looks on to the house on Conway Street. Even the green clothes dryer matches up!