Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Pub Of The Month - February 2012

Default Pub Of The Month - February 2012

A pub is for life not just for Christmas

a good honest city centre pub Robbies worth jumping off the bus if you've been down the bottom end of Leith
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Well it was a quiet month on the pub front,with a very good trip to The Rising Sun on the Fulwood Road just eclipsed by The Well House Inn for POTM

My first visit in over 20 years,it's transformation into a free house has breathed new life into this historic pub.

March has already kicked off well with many pubs in Liverpool already in the reckoning.Grand Union is reopening soon after drought restrictions so will be heading out of Hertfordshire into Bucks and Northants shortly in the constant search for that undiscovered gem.

Some cracking pubs visited and beer enjoyed in February. Given that I'm not entirely sure, despite its manifold charms, that the York Tap is actually a public house,my nomination for pub of the month goes to the Blacksmith's Arms in Lastingham on the southern edge of the North York Moors. A good and solid village pub, complete with taciturn,not to say dour landlord, this has an enviable beer selection, good food which is served well into the afternoon, which is handy for walkers, and a high class restaurant section . We come whenever we are in the area, though not as often as I would like, and greatly enjoy the atmosphere.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Lots of good pubs to choose from this month, but it boils down to a straight choice between The Brewery Tap in Chester and The Baum in Rochdale.

I think the Brewery Tap just shades it.

The Strawberry Gardens is a nicely refurbished pub recently taken over by Fuzzy Duck brewery which is a welcome addition to the rather stale & safe Fleetwood beer scene.

I hope it continues to do well as we'll definitely visit again next time we're in Fleetwood.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas