Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Random beer news of the day

  1. #11
    Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nearer than you think
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I heard that on the BBC this morning and thought that makes a change from repeating lies about alcohol consumption.

    I must say I've never broken a bone when I've been drunk so I will keep taking the medicine.
    A long time ago me Dad came home a bit worse for the drink , slipped in the bathroom , fell in the cast iron bath breaking his elbow , the sight of me Mom trying to get 17 stone of very drunk man in a lot of pain out of the bath with tears of laughter running down her face will live with me forever

  2. #12
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Actually the highlight for me today has been this one:
    Kingfisher diving

    I can think of no way of linking that sensibly back to pubs but it is just such an amazing image.
    he better watch his back
    Attachment 165
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  3. #13
    The Beerhunter. RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dartford, Kentshire near Londinium.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    There was a story a few days ago about a guy in Dorset (I think) who has been granted a licence to sell beer at home along the lines of the old parlour bars. I can't remember the details and, sods law - I can't find the story now.

  4. #14
    This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    he better watch his back
    Attachment 165
    Blimey. Sharon Davies looks a bit rough these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    There was a story a few days ago about a guy in Dorset (I think) who has been granted a licence to sell beer at home along the lines of the old parlour bars. I can't remember the details and, sods law - I can't find the story now.
    Thanks Roger. Have you any more as good as that?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

  5. #15
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    [QUOTE=aleandhearty;6822]Blimey. Sharon Davies looks a bit rough these days.

    she's floating about
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...on-Davies.html
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  6. #16
    In Search of Ebriety Millay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    There was a rather disturbing story in today’s London Evening Standard about a drunk train guard who was found to have two cans of beer and a half bottle of vodka that he had decanted into water bottles. Apparently he admitted being drunk and said to officers “I must stop drinking”, presumably because he was already too pissed. But that wasn’t the best “No Shit Sherlock” part of the article. It stated that he was found passed out and slumped over his controls, in a wonderful example of understatement the prosecutor was quoted as saying “ This is not normal practice for safety reasons”

  7. #17

    Default

    Apparently, a multi-billion pound research quango has discovered that in 100% of cases, being born results in death. A new committee has welcomed the report, and is planning to combat this terrible statistic by raising taxes on all products to do with 'living'

  8. #18
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    4,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    There was a rather disturbing story in today’s London Evening Standard about a drunk train guard who was found to have two cans of beer and a half bottle of vodka that he had decanted into water bottles. Apparently he admitted being drunk and said to officers “I must stop drinking”, presumably because he was already too pissed. But that wasn’t the best “No Shit Sherlock” part of the article. It stated that he was found passed out and slumped over his controls, in a wonderful example of understatement the prosecutor was quoted as saying “ This is not normal practice for safety reasons”
    A minor point, perhaps, but do train guards have controls to slump over?

  9. #19
    In Search of Ebriety Millay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    A minor point, perhaps, but do train guards have controls to slump over?
    I did wonder about that bit, I suspect he may have been in the drivers cab at the back of the train, not a great sight for anyone watching the train leave. Perhaps we need a trainspotters emergency helpline.

  10. #20
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    5,558

    Default

    Do they still have guards on trains? I thought they'd all been replaced by ticket collector/door operators?


    sorry, I'll get me anorak

Similar Threads

  1. Wetherspoon's news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 1286
    Last Post: 22-10-2021, 17:11
  2. Sad News: Arwkrite
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-11-2009, 21:46
  3. Good news for a change !!
    By Delboy20 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 09:04
  4. Pub news of the day
    By Conrad in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 22:47
  5. Random Corrections
    By PubWatcher002 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 14:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •