Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Manchester

Default Manchester

Hi all,

I have an afternoon to kill in Manchester next Sunday so a good chance to go in a few new pubs. I have been a few times but are there any suggestions ??

A must do for me is the Peveril of the Peak - It wasn't open the last time I went and i had to miss it out !!

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Del,
    There are several PuG forum regulars who know Manchester much better than me,but on my occasional trips to Manchester there are two pubs that are well worth a visit.

The Marble Arch Brewery tap for the outstanding Marble Brewery and a fantastic pub interior.
    The Knott A modern,lively bar also with excellent ale.

Hope this helps,have a great day ;there are so many great pubs in Manchester you shouldn't go wrong.

ROBCamra will put you right on all things Mancunian but from a Yorkshire point of view, if you really must how about:

The Marble Arch as pointed out by the Captain is splendid, just down the road is the Angel and going back past Victoria Station the Hare & Hounds is an old style pub with a good interior. P of the P opens 12-3 and 5-11 but I think there's some sort of change due to football on saturdays? Sunday opening at 5pm, always worth a visit though.

The Britons Protection is a favourite of mine, as is the Crown and Kettle, Bar Fringe and the Castle Hotel. The Port Street Beer House is also a damn good new school bar.
    Last edited by oldboots; 18-02-2012 at 19:41.

Marble Arch & Knott are opposite sides of the city, so you'll struggle to do both.

I was in Knott on Thursday and Marble Arch at the end of January, can't fault either of them.

If you like new style bars try Port Street Beer House, 57 Thomas Street, Common & Odd in the Northern Quarter (N/4) about a dozen beers between them. Add Fringe as a joker.

More traditional as suggested by OB Marble, Angel, Smithfield, H & H and you can add Fringe as a joker to these as well.

At the other side of town City Arms, Britons Protection, Rain Bar, Knott & then The Pev when it opens at 5 is also do able add Waterhouse and/or Paramount as the JDW jokers for this one.

Other options are available.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Where did you end up going in Manchester Delboy?
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Didn't have as long as I had hoped in Manchester but still managed the Crown & Anchor, Crown & Kettle, Burton Arms Hotel, Smithfield Hotel, Bar Fringe, City Pub and the Northern.

Not sure if there might be another one but it was the end of a heavy weekend so I will have to give it some thought !!

I am a salmon !!