Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Will Hawkes in the Independent

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Default Will Hawkes in the Independent

I'm sure you'll have noticed that there's not much beer-related writing in the papers (unless they can come up with a binge-related piece). An exception, however, is Will Hawkes in The Independent (as you may have guessed from the title).

Catching up with some recent pieces tonight - I've read about New Zealand hops already and recently found that the CAMRA chairman thinks that the Americans use too many hops (hmmmm). Next up: Cornwall, and Kentish Goldings
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Thanks for posting that link,the articles are well written and interesting .I am a big fan of NZ hops but for a change it sounds like a trip to East Kent to sample some Gadd's should be on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Thanks for posting that link,the articles are well written and interesting .I am a big fan of NZ hops but for a change it sounds like a trip to East Kent to sample some Gadd's should be on my list.
    On anybody's list...

I've tried Adnams New Zealand IPA which was quite good. I'm sure I have had another somewhere that was predominantly NZ hops but can't see it in my records anywhere. Looks like NZ is gradually getting in on the scene. There is (or was) a bar called Speights perched on top of the Walkabout near Temple tube that was an outlet specifically for New Zealand beers but I've never been and can't be sure it's still there - it looked light a temporary thing when it first opened about 4 years ago. Did anyone try it? http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/bars/r...at-speights.do

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Yes, I can recommend the No. 3 mentioned in one of the pieces.

I've been meaning to recommend Will Hawkes for some time (but keep finding other things to do). He's obviously a fan & knows his stuff, so it's good to see sensible articles for a change. Shame there's so few people who read the Indy's web pages. I don't suppose his occasional features are suitable for the Blog Tracker (unless Conrad 'n' Dave can do something with the RSS feed).
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"