Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Comments Box of PuG Site

This Space For Hire

Default Comments Box of PuG Site

Not sure if this has been covered before, but the only way to add details relating to a pub appears to be via a review, other than marking as open or closed. Could functionality be added to add comments so we could for instance mark pubs where a for sale sign/to let has appeared, currently undergoing extensive refurbishment, change of ownership etc etc
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 11-02-2012 at 18:42.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

If it is just a for sale sign or a change of landlord i generally use the review function. however if the pub is closed for a big refurb l'll mark it as closed. you can mark it closed temporarily giving a reason. you should of course check wben it reopens and update the site.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Administrator

Hi bcfczuluarmy,

I am not sure how it would benefit the site. Where things are presented as factual, so change of ownership for instance, we invariably have no way of checking it and as such it is really open to be abused and open the site up to all sorts of complaints. At least reviews by their nature are objective and that offers some protection.

Also I don't see how it would gain the site more members or visitors.

I may just not be getting it, but not sure what would convince us to do the work necessary to create a new comment field, potentially add a review cycle and spend the follow up time trying to vet the comments that people would leave.

Conrad

This Space For Hire

I did wonder about exactly this issue when I felt the need to report changes to this pub. I think people are more likely to see such a note as a 'review' rather than somewhere else on the page, and in this case be encouraged to revisit the pub when things have changed for the better. In this case it can't not change for the better, there is no other direction.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    Hi bcfczuluarmy,

I am not sure how it would benefit the site. Where things are presented as factual, so change of ownership for instance, we invariably have no way of checking it and as such it is really open to be abused and open the site up to all sorts of complaints. At least reviews by their nature are objective and that offers some protection.

Also I don't see how it would gain the site more members or visitors.

I may just not be getting it, but not sure what would convince us to do the work necessary to create a new comment field, potentially add a review cycle and spend the follow up time trying to vet the comments that people would leave.

Conrad
    Hmm. When you put it into that sort of context and the impact on your time etc it puts it into reality. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Just seemed a lack of review/annoyance to others to view if a review consists of For Sale sign on premises etc.