Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid week doom and gloom

Default Mid week doom and gloom

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...AUAelYnN4TbnGO

Prices hikes well above the rate of inflation, and this makes the £4.00 pint a very real possibility by the Summer (when the Olympics will certainly push up prices in London and the South).

Nice to see Enterprise being so supportive of their landlords (if you believe that they have really had a change of heart). Still, it's not all bad news for them - they can always find lots of people with redundancy payments to take on any businesses which fail due to high pubco costs...

Its already £4.20 A Pint for most ales in my part of London Muswell Hill. If it goes up anymore more it will be a fiver a pint by next year.
    Last edited by Alesonly; 08-02-2012 at 19:32.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Tim Martin must be rubbing his hands like Fagin............

This Space For Hire

All pints £2.50 at the Rat beer festival at the Rat & Ratchet in Huddersfield from Friday, with 50p off with a Camra card.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Tim Martin must be rubbing his hands like Fagin............
    But the greedy Bar owners around here blocked & opposed a Wetherspoons being built in the area I wonder why they don't want the competition. We only have a choice of one Pub a O Nell's & one gastro Pub Thats expensive. The only other one Slug & Lettuce closes down soon on W/E 11th Feb.

Correction It closes on the 11th of Feb to become a Waitrose food hall.
    Last edited by Alesonly; 10-02-2012 at 01:15.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    But the greedy Bar owners around here blocked & opposed a Wetherspoons being built in the area I wonder why they don't want the competition. We only have a choice of one Pub a O Nell's & one gastro Pub Thats expensive. The only other one Slug & Lettuce closes down soon on W/E 18th Feb.
    I used to get the bus down to Highgate Station and tube it some half reasonable pubs, and that was from Friern barnet!

Glory days though as I sold my flat on Friday last week and all ties with North London have been severed with a tidy hand shake. It’s a shame I have to now pay someone else’s mortgage, but no more management fees or getting my wallet raped by the Halifax who are the most unreasonable shitebags I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Happy Daze!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Nice to see Enterprise being so supportive of their landlords (if you believe that they have really had a change of heart).
    I think I spotted a pig passing over, my local's lease was sold, landlady evicted Dec 2011 [& was still a thriving business], oh, guess what? According to bloke putting the hoardings around it today, it will become a Tesco soon

Very supportive, not

PS At least we did get a Wetherspoon's opened in Nov in nearby town
    Last edited by Farway; 09-02-2012 at 14:00. Reason: PS added
    I drink to make others more interesting

My local, which recently closed, is about to reopen soon. I know the future landlord and wish him luck.The problem is that our crowd have relocated to a nearby pub and have been made very welcome. I can see divided loyalties ahead.
    On another note I hear David Cameron. PM. will be addressing doctors, nurses, health workers and policemen about stamping out alcohol abuse. This collection of lobbyists have only one agenda and that is the increase in drink prices. If I was a young person now living in the UK I think it likely that, facing a bleak future, I would get bombed out of my brains every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    On another note I hear David Cameron. PM. will be addressing doctors, nurses, health workers and policemen about stamping out alcohol abuse.
    Perhaps Mr Cameron could relate his own boozy tales about his time with the famously alcohol abusing Bullingdon Club.

Drink prices will be going up in the budget above inflation due to the Alcohol Duty Escalator which allows politicians to say "we have added no extra alcohol tax in this budget"

Slippery bastards

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Perhaps Mr Cameron could relate his own boozy tales about his time with the famously alcohol abusing Bullingdon Club.

Drink prices will be going up in the budget above inflation due to the Alcohol Duty Escalator which allows politicians to say "we have added no extra alcohol tax in this budget"

Slippery bastards
    he still has shares in urbium
    http://www.parliamentaryrecord.com/c...mentary-Career which owns late night bars and clubs eg tiger tiger
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"