Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: No Map Points

Default No Map Points

To Admin or anyone

In the screen where you list a town's pubs with the small scale grey map on right, I have my "show map points" box ticked but no map points are showing. Is this a fault anyone else has or is it just me?
    I have tried unticking and ticking again but still no joy.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Same here, but I must admit I was not aware this facility existed until now
    I drink to make others more interesting

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    To Admin or anyone

In the screen where you list a town's pubs with the small scale grey map on right, I have my "show map points" box ticked but no map points are showing. Is this a fault anyone else has or is it just me?
    I have tried unticking and ticking again but still no joy.
    Well there is definitely a bug, I can see what might be happening, but I wont be able to reproduce it (it relates to tools I use to test the site).

I believe I have fixed it now, if you could let me know either way Alan, thanks.

Sorry about that, part of the continued performance fixes.

Map points are working again

Administrator

Just by way of a quick explanation, page view speed is one of the things that Google measures and assesses. We have also been aware that the pages are slower than we like. For these reasons during December we started making changes to try and improve the speed of the site.

At start of December our site was reported as on average taking 3.9s/page making it slower than 66% of the Internet. As of today we are reported as 1.9s/page which is faster than 71% of the Internet (or slower than 29% to keep it in the same units).

Whilst the numbers seem fairly insignificant a doubling of speed on a refined website is quite handy. We are still washing through some of the changes, in general you shouldn't see any effects, but one or two fixes are being made where it makes sense to.

Quote Originally Posted by Galore Admin View Post
    Just by way of a quick explanation, page view speed is one of the things that Google measures and assesses. We have also been aware that the pages are slower than we like. For these reasons during December we started making changes to try and improve the speed of the site.

At start of December our site was reported as on average taking 3.9s/page making it slower than 66% of the Internet. As of today we are reported as 1.9s/page which is faster than 71% of the Internet (or slower than 29% to keep it in the same units).

Whilst the numbers seem fairly insignificant a doubling of speed on a refined website is quite handy. We are still washing through some of the changes, in general you shouldn't see any effects, but one or two fixes are being made where it makes sense to.
    Good explanation - thanks!