Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: London Postcodes

Former Pubs Galore Coder

It is one of the quirks of the system. The search of the site is updated in the early hours every night, so that area should appear if you search again tomorrow. The suggested areas are got using a different system (which isn't appropriate for the main search as it is based on lat/long rather than name) which is why they appear in real time. It is done this way to reduce the load on the system (and is a lot easier programatically).

I have to chuck in a couple of improvements to the search so that you could search for pubname Hampstead, those should go in around Mon/Tues.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    It is one of the quirks of the system. The search of the site is updated in the early hours every night, so that area should appear if you search again tomorrow. The suggested areas are got using a different system (which isn't appropriate for the main search as it is based on lat/long rather than name) which is why they appear in real time. It is done this way to reduce the load on the system (and is a lot easier programatically).

I have to chuck in a couple of improvements to the search so that you could search for pubname Hampstead, those should go in around Mon/Tues.
    Great stuff.
    The new format will take a little getting used to and the amount of work on the Big Smoke is massive, but I think it will be better and worth the effort. I just hope that the less visited areas of London will not stay in this basic form for too long.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES