PDA

View Full Version : BITE Card

Strongers
21-01-2012, 21:37
I've just worked out that it has nothing to do with beerinthe.......!!! :o

Just applied for one though, some good discounts to be had by the looks of it.

rpadam
21-01-2012, 21:41
I've just worked out that it has nothing to do with beerinthe.......!!! :o

Just applied for one though, some good discounts to be had by the looks of it.
At least in means you can get 20% off the prices in all the station food outlets and pubs run by Select Service Partner (bearing in mind, of course, that it has added 20% to the normal prices in the first place!).

Alesonly
22-01-2012, 17:15
I had a look at the web site but I don't think its worth me bothering as out of all those places listed that except the card I only ever visit A Burger King and thats only about twice a year.
I would sooner go too A Gregg's than most those over priced bakers they have listed.

NickDavies
22-01-2012, 17:27
I had a look at the web site but I don't think its worth me bothering as out of all those places listed that except the card I only ever visit A Burger King and thats only about twice a year.
I would sooner go too A Gregg's than most those over priced bakers they have listed.

Well it gets you a discount in such establishments as whatever they call the Boadicea at CX now, and the unsurpassable Bridge Bar at New St. A pint of wifebeater at Victoria is £4.30 to the tourists, a BiTE card gets it down to £3.44 which is less than the many local Taylor-Walker pubs in the area want. So worth it even if you only use such places when waiting for the snowflake on the line to melt and need to make a quick dash for the platform when they put the next train up.

Millay
03-02-2012, 17:29
I usually carry mine with me for that quick pint or burger at the station. RPAdam is right though, it tends to just bring the price down to a reasonable level. Had a pint of Abbot in the Britannia at Euston earlier in the week and it was £3.50 so a pretty good £2.80 with the discount.

Strongers
03-02-2012, 19:36
Funnily enough mine turned up today... There’s a DoubleWhopper with my name on it grazing in an ex rainforest in South America as wespeak.

NickDavies
23-04-2012, 18:48
If you've a Bite Card made of cardboard you need to reapply for a new plastic swipeable one (https://www.bitecard.co.uk/Register). Take care not to tick the "we'll spam you to hell and back if you tick this box" box.

Strongers
23-04-2012, 21:45
So what's with the paper one then?

RogerB
24-04-2012, 08:18
This has jogged my memory into applying for one. Thanks for the link Nick.

NickDavies
24-04-2012, 08:58
So what's with the paper one then?

All of the old varients will stop being accepted soon in favour of new ones they have to swipe at the tills. Apart from collecting data on our drinking habits I guess it stops the staff offering discounts to their non-card holding friends.

Strongers
24-04-2012, 09:22
All of the old varients will stop being accepted soon in favour of new ones they have to swipe at the tills. Apart from collecting data on our drinking habits I guess it stops the staff offering discounts to their non-card holding friends.

Thanks for the heads up... Have applied again.

hondo
17-12-2012, 06:19
finally got round to getting this card a 20% discount certainly helps when killing time waiting on a train