PDA

View Full Version : Horse and Groom

Rex_Rattus
05-02-2010, 21:35
7 Groom Place
Pimlico
SW1X 7BA

Delete "Pimlico", insert "Belgravia".

There a lot of pubs stated to be in Pimlico, that are nowhere near Pimlico. It may be that all SW1 pubs are annotated as being in Pimlico? Anyway, it may take a bit of time to put all London pubs right, but will correct them as and when spotted.

Conrad
05-02-2010, 21:46
Hi RR,

This is a general issue we have with London, explained in this post (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?842-The-Banker-Fleet-Street&p=4943#post4943) (I am too lazy to type it again). Comes down to the fact we interpret postcodes as being analogous to districts.

As someone who doesn't understand London I am damned if I can work out how to make it any better. Now we have a few people who possibly understand London I guess it may be worth opening it up in the suggestions forum and see if there is a better way of doing it.

Until I have a better plan Horse and Groom is not corrected.

Maldenman
06-02-2010, 09:57
I spotted exactly the same thing when I posted my review of The Old Shades, also showing as Pimlico, which is about one and a half miles away. I added the location in my review to hopefully clarify that for now. Fitzrovia pubs are also shown as Westminster, and Clerkenwell/Chancery Lane area comes up as Finsbury.