PDA

View Full Version : Dover Beer Festival - See You There?

Manky Badger
04-02-2010, 17:25
Anyone going to Dover this Saturday?

hopwas
04-02-2010, 21:20

Not me as it is million miles away from Midlands and also it is on same day as my beloved team playing.

Wittenden
04-02-2010, 22:16

'Fraid not MrB, it's our son's 18th: I might be able to get to Wittersham, but unlikely,unfortunately.

hopwas
04-02-2010, 22:18
'Fraid not MrB, it's our son's 18th: I might be able to get to Wittersham, but unlikely,unfortunately.

Happy birthday to your son. Hope he have a great day.

Hoppy

trainman
05-02-2010, 08:20

Nope, Nottingham, Castle Rock Brewery, & CanalHouse 'fest beckon for tm.

ROBCamra
05-02-2010, 09:24
Nope, Nottingham, Castle Rock Brewery, & CanalHouse 'fest beckon for tm.

And at the other end of the A52 Derby beer festival is calling to the CAMRA crew.

arwkrite
05-02-2010, 09:58
Afraid not MB. I would like a weekend away but the coffers are empty. I bet the train fare costs a fortune and my legs are far to hairy to attract even a Hungarian HGV driver so hitching is out.

Alesonly
05-02-2010, 10:32
I would like too have gone and the Train fare is no Problem its Free as I work on the Railways. :D
The down side is Im working as usual Like most weekends it seems always the same either that or we are split R/Ds or earlys next day. :mad:

hopwas
05-02-2010, 11:48
And at the other end of the A52 Derby beer festival is calling to the CAMRA crew.

Whereabouts in Derby?

Thanks

Hoppy

ROBCamra
05-02-2010, 12:35
Whereabouts in Derby?

Thanks

Hoppy

Darwin Suite of the Assembly Rooms on Derby Market Place.

See www.derbycamra.org.uk

We'll be there tomorrow for the afternoon session.

Setting off at 3:30 today though to do the Brunswick, Alex etc crawl tonight. :drinkup:

hopwas
05-02-2010, 12:47
Darwin Suite of the Assembly Rooms on Derby Market Place.

See www.derbycamra.org.uk

We'll be there tomorrow for the afternoon session.

Setting off at 3:30 today though to do the Brunswick, Alex etc crawl tonight. :drinkup:

I know where it is.

Let me know how your pub crawl did go. Will you visit Brewery Tap?

ROBCamra
05-02-2010, 13:06
I know where it is.

Let me know how your pub crawl did go. Will you visit Brewery Tap?

Yes, along with the Old Silk Mill, Flowerpot, Babington.........................:drinkup::drinku p:

I used to work in Derby so I know the place quite well.

hopwas
05-02-2010, 13:10
Yes, along with the Old Silk Mill, Flowerpot, Babington.........................:drinkup::drinku p:

I used to work in Derby so I know the place quite well.

I used to live in Derby for 3 years. I lived opposite Victora on Cowley Street, do you know the pub?

Oh I was wondering if you are going to new JDW The Thomas Leper? Never been there..

ROBCamra
05-02-2010, 14:10
I used to live in Derby for 3 years. I lived opposite Victora on Cowley Street, do you know the pub?

Oh I was wondering if you are going to new JDW The Thomas Leper? Never been there..

I don't remember the Victoria although I have been to the Horse & Groom nearby.

The Thomas Leper is right next door to the Standing Order, two JDWs next door to each other, weird.:confused:

I haven't been in yet although I was dragged kicking and screaming into the same building when it was Yates's. :eek: