PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year...

Strongers
31-12-2011, 23:41
... here's to another 12 months of routine and sneaky beers.

Alesonly
01-01-2012, 00:11
Yes could not agree more Happy New Year. I Did not go out this evening though Saturday I will go out Sunday evening for a few whist all the Once a year drinkers are at home nursing there hangovers.

Andy Ven
01-01-2012, 06:22
Happy New Year to all of you too. Looking forward to meeting more of you (and meeting up again with those whom I have already met) during the coming twelve months.

gillhalfpint
01-01-2012, 09:12
Happy New Year from us two too. Hope 2012 is as good as 2011 has been, with many more good pubs still to discover.

Had La Chouffe 25% hot coffee liqueur with squirty cream that we brought back from our Bruges trip to celebrate at midnight.

Visited 3 breweries in Belgium. Urthel, Alvinne and a new one - De Plukker where we sampled the first brew.

Next trip on the agenda is Manchester Winter Ales fest.

ROBCamra
01-01-2012, 10:19
Next trip on the agenda is Manchester Winter Ales fest.

Happy New Year to you all.

Spent last night in The Baum from 7:45 - 9:15 and 11:30 until about 1:45 with a meal at La Mancha in between.

The Baum was reasonably busy and almost all were regulars, so a good night was had by all.

It was swinging 60's night so the pub had a zebra crossing with an Abbey Road sign above it and CND signs etc dotted about.

It also had the bar staff in 60's mini skirts and high boots which certainly brought a happy smile to my face. :p

I'll be at the Manchester fest as well, hopefully at the trade session and then the follow up public session from 5 on the first day. :cheers:

Rex_Rattus
01-01-2012, 10:58
Yes, here's to fighting the good fight for another year!

I don't reckon any of the places around are where I would want to spend New Year's Eve - so, just me and Mrs R indoors (plus a bottle of Macallan). Hope to see at least some of you again, and hopefully one or two new faces, during 2012.

Farway
01-01-2012, 11:43
Happy New Year to all. I spent last night indoors, like Rex no where near here I would fancy spending an evening with drunken strangers

Bucking Fastard
01-01-2012, 14:44
Happy New Year to everyone on the forum.We also had a night in with some friends,it was our turn to host it.Inspecting the recycling bin this morning revealed just why Mrs F and I are in such a fragile state today ,will be slumping infront of the telly soon.

Strongers
01-01-2012, 16:49
I think that fragile is an understatement. I've just sat through Prince Caspian rather than watch Sunderland v Man City as the TV control was out of reach.

Wittenden
01-01-2012, 17:18
Yes-happy New Year to you all. Not in the pub last night-they've got so greedy now and we don't do crowds! Up to father in law's for a good meal then lunch and a walk at the Plough ,Stalisfield. Decent beer to start the year!(Kent Cobnut and Hopdaemon Skrimshander.)

Maldenman
01-01-2012, 19:32
I wasn't intending to advertise publically how crap my new year's eve was but I can't help myself. As my 15 year old had informed us he was going up to London with his mates, despite having no idea about getting around, in the interests of safety and peace of mind, we said his mates could come here. Myself and Mrs Mm spent NYE cooped up in the bedroom watching crap telly on a small screen while they laid waste to the living room. Finally we booted them out at 1:00 only to spend the next hour clearing up spillages and retreiving cans from the neighbour's lawns. I'm on call for work too, so a dry evening also. Lovely!

Happy F*$%+g New Year!

Seriously best wishes to all, Mm