PDA

View Full Version : What did Santa bring you ??

Delboy20
25-12-2011, 08:42
What was in your Christmas stocking ??

I bet we all got some beer related presents.

I got a CAMRA membership ( better start growing a beard ! ), A book about beer, 2 beer gift sets and a Home Brew kit to make 40 pints.

Seems to be a theme with my presents !!:cheers::cheers::glass::glass:

Alesonly
25-12-2011, 12:07
A Case of London Porter 20 Bottles from The Meantime Brewery Greenwich
And a Mixed Case of 20 Winter Ales from Marks & Spencer's Very good. Something tells me the wife went too M & S theres Some of my best dark Ales there I did not realise they had some good Bottled Ales in M & S.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Winter-Ales-Mixed-Case-20/dp/B001J5BK2W?pos=PDP_ymal_1/12_text&rrClickthru=PDP

http://www.marksandspencer.com/London-Porter-Case-of-20/dp/B004IWKF56?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=341236031&sr=1-8&qid=1324817426&pf_rd_r=0SDT5XD57VSB3HA6Z507&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=341236031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3#CustomerReviewsHeader

Real Ale Ray
25-12-2011, 13:17
I also got my Camra membership renewed, no beard yet though! A case of Wold Top Bitter, Thwaites Wainwright, Hobsons Town Crier, Fullers Discovery and M+S Southwold Winter Ale created by Fergus Fitzgerald, Adnams Head Brewer, and also agree an excellent beer. Happy Aleing!!

Alesonly
25-12-2011, 13:49
I also got my Camra membership renewed, no beard yet though! A case of Wold Top Bitter, Thwaites Wainwright, Hobsons Town Crier, Fullers Discovery and M+S Southwold Winter Ale created by Fergus Fitzgerald, Adnams Head Brewer, and also agree an excellent beer. Happy Aleing!!

Im a life member and have been since around 1984. It cost me about £99 pounds back then for life that seems good value now. I still have not got a beard but do have a bit of Beer Gut now but I blame that more on age than Beer.

runningdog
25-12-2011, 22:07
Me health back, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, and there's nowt else I wanted.............:pray::whistle::drinkup::drinku p::drinkup:

Bucking Fastard
26-12-2011, 09:20
My sister really excelled herself with a gift of a case of 6 from Best of British Beer

Wentworth Gold
Bristol Beer Factory Exhibition
Monty's Mischief
Lymestone Stone the Crows
Salopian Oracle
Hambleton Nightmare.

Cant see myself getting to many pubs this week so one of these may well feature as BOTW as long as my collection doesn't get raided by our guests on New Years Eve :rolleyes:

Oggwyn Trench
26-12-2011, 17:45
Nothing beer related for me :( this year , and i usually get at least a copy of the GBG , made up for it with several bottles of port ,half decent red wine and a bottle of my favorite red wine Barolo :D

Wittenden
26-12-2011, 22:15
A few interesting bottled beers, including the famed Anastasia's Exile Stout from Ascot. It looks as if the usually reliable and good Hog's Back beers are now brewery conditioned; a retrograde step in my opinion.

Old Blue
27-12-2011, 08:51
I got a Wychwood 'Beers of Character' boxed set, and an excellent though unpronounceable bottle of vodka from my brother's Russian father-in-law.:)

I didn't get a Christmas jumper this year having told Santa I would only accept one if it came from Beachy Head brewery...

ROBCamra
27-12-2011, 08:59
Sadly I received no beer related presents at all. :(

I really am going to have to get some retraining done. :p

Thuck Phat
27-12-2011, 09:50
Some very nice shaving soap from Mrs TP and absolutely nothing beer related. Is she trying to tell me something?

I did though receive Viz's The Cleveland Steamer book which has a couple of cracking 'Real Ale Twats' in it. Those boys at Viz do a fine line in well observed, irreverent humour.

Farway
27-12-2011, 13:40
No beer related at all, did however get a [very welcome] bottle of Teacher's

Also got an upset tum + heavy cold

Not my best ever Christmas it must be said

Strongers
28-12-2011, 08:09
I got a puzzle depicting lots of drunkards in a pub, but I received no useful alcoholic items.

Al 10000
28-12-2011, 20:19
I got a really good early Christmas present from my brother a 4 gallon box with Nottingham brewery Rock bitter in it,this tastes just like the real thing in our local pubs
and the bonus is that i have been relialby informed that i should get about 42 pint out of it.:D

I thought this was a really great present and i am drinking it while writing this post which is getting more difficult as i have been drinking in some of Nottinghams finest pubs since 11.30 today :nishelypished::nishelypished::nishelypished::nish elypished:

Thats the first time i have done the extra ones not sure how i managed to get 4 of them on there, ho well.

Strongers
28-12-2011, 20:23
I got a really good early Christmas present from my brother a 4 gallon box with Nottingham brewery Rock bitter in it,this tastes just like the real thing in our local pubs
and the bonus is that i have been relialby informed that i should get about 42 pint out of it.:D

I thought this was a really great present and i am drinking it while writing this post which is getting more difficult as i have been drinking in some of Nottinghams finest pubs since 11.30 today :nishelypished::nishelypished::nishelypished::nish elypished:

Thats the first time i have done the extra ones not sure how i managed to get 4 of them on there, ho well.

Ho well indeed, time to ditch this puzzle and head to Al's for a lash up!

aleandhearty
29-12-2011, 15:57
Still a couple of family meet ups to go, but nothing beer related at all, so far! Must be a first. Apart from the inevitable books and CDs, which I love, my pride and joy is a huge cast iron casserole dish, which I hope to christen at the weekend, with something like lamb shanks cooked in red wine.

oldboots
29-12-2011, 18:38
Nothing beer related for me, which was most odd, however Mrs B gave me a bottle of Glen Morangie and my dear old mum provided a bottle of Laphroaig as a contrast, I love them both (the malts that is) :D.

The son & heir made do with a pack of Famous Grouse truffles.

Blackthorn
30-12-2011, 14:40
Cider, what else? In this case some rather pleasant limited edition bottles produced in order to raise funds for Wells Cathedral.

They will go nicely with the "Zider Eye Up" t-shirt that I got last year. :)

I also got a cookery book where all the recipes used beer as an ingredient - think Beeramisu instead of Tiramisu! Plus a couple of bottles to get me started!