PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Inn, Kings Norton, Birmingham

gillhalfpint
22-12-2011, 08:47
Along with a lot of others, I put in an objection to the planning application to demolish this pub to build a supermarket, as if we needed another one!

Attachment to e-mail received today -

Site: Navigation Inn, 1 Wharf Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B30 3EX
Proposal: Demolition of public house and associated buildings and erection of new retail
supermarket with associated parking, access and landscaping.
I refer to previous correspondence and would advise you that the above application has now been withdrawn
by the applicant from the Planning Register.
If a further application is received by the Council then you will be notified in order to give you the opportunity to
make comments.

Power to the people!!!!

Soup Dragon
22-12-2011, 09:25
I remember when first doing the pubs in Aldridge, the Aldridge Tavern had been closed due to under-age drinking, fighting etc - and subsequently demolished. It was replaced by a Tesco selling cheap booze - no doubt solving all of the social issues that faced the Aldridge Tavern

bcfczuluarmy
29-12-2011, 21:44
To be fair it's a XXXX hole pub and other than contain scum serves no real purpose to society. The toilets make me heave for a start although beer and food is reasonably priced.

Tbh my post appears harsh, however after drinking in this pub for a number of years while living in Birmingham it isn't a pleasant establishment. Saving grace is a police station across the road....