PDA

View Full Version : Lincolnshire village pub brings back bartering

rpadam
01-02-2010, 23:46
Today's pub news story from the BBC News website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/8491503.stm

PS - On the site but not yet reviewed...

RogerB
02-02-2010, 09:14
PS - On the site but not yet reviewed...[/I]

They will probably want to see **** but I'll start by giving it * and see if it ends up as a **. :D

Conrad
02-02-2010, 12:44
Fair play to them, at the very least they have got some excellent publicity. Good luck to them.

Tilly-Miss
02-02-2010, 13:56
Can i go and barter free pints in exchange for golf balls? would be worth the journey i am sure.

Conrad
02-02-2010, 14:02
Only if you are a better barterer than me, I would go in trying to barter for golf balls and end up accidentally trading Tilly-Miss (http://www.tilly-missgolf.com/tilly-miss-home.aspx).

I think if I tried to shop in an Egyptian bazaar I would end up selling myself into slavery.

Farway
02-02-2010, 14:07
Only if you are a better barterer than me, I would go in trying to barter for golf balls and end up accidentally trading Tilly-Miss (http://www.tilly-missgolf.com/tilly-miss-home.aspx).

I think if I tried to shop in an Egyptian bazaar I would end up selling myself into slavery.

Do they give change from a penny then?

Conrad
02-02-2010, 14:12
Do they give change from a penny then?
:p

And to think I just complimented you in another thread ;)

Tilly-Miss
02-02-2010, 17:53

Cheers Conrad i think after a skinfull tilly could be in danger of being raffled after the miss behaving i have had from her today,covered in mud filthy dirty and just been a pain in the?

Conrad
03-02-2010, 00:57
I think my other half would struggle to believe that, she coos every time she sees pictures of Tilly-Miss.

runningdog
03-02-2010, 11:34
I think my other half would struggle to believe that, she coos every time she sees pictures of Tilly-Miss.
I think all puppies should come with a warning. One day, this adorable little darling will wade through mud to dive into ditches, and on the way back, roll in fox crap, cow crap or whtever, then see a rabbit or summat and set off a full tilt to do it all over again. Don't think getting a small breed will help, it won't. Spoken from experience, GSD, Jack Russell, Bedlington, lurcher, greyhound or mutt, it makes no nevermind, it will happen. My favourite so far, Fell Terrier in pig swil:eek:...:drinkup:l

Tilly-Miss
03-02-2010, 12:01
I think all puppies should come with a warning. One day, this adorable little darling will wade through mud to dive into ditches, and on the way back, roll in fox crap, cow crap or whtever, then see a rabbit or summat and set off a full tilt to do it all over again. Don't think getting a small breed will help, it won't. Spoken from experience, GSD, Jack Russell, Bedlington, lurcher, greyhound or mutt, it makes no nevermind, it will happen. My favourite so far, Fell Terrier in pig swil:eek:...:drinkup:l

Ooh stop it please, i dread the thought,i am already in trouble with wife tilly come home filthy dirty and ran straight in lounge on the sofa,missus was in a rage all night and tilly in the doghouse and i got all the blame.

trainman
03-02-2010, 12:16
My favourite so far, Fell Terrier in pig swil:eek:...:drinkup:l

Ouch! Poooheee! As city dwelling Welshies the worst mine usually find is fox crap or pee, pungent either way, and the dashing is after squirrels rather than rabbits. Pretty mucky on the circuit down to the common though, off out now...

I'm having a blank moment - GSD?

trainman
03-02-2010, 15:34
Ouch! Poooheee! As city dwelling Welshies the worst mine usually find is fox crap or pee, pungent either way, and the dashing is after squirrels rather than rabbits. Pretty mucky on the circuit down to the common though, off out now...

I'm having a blank moment - GSD?

I'm back, & ahah! GSD - German Shepherd, I still refer to 'em as Alsatians. The one we had when I lived at a pub, briefly, a lifetime ago, went the way of them all - back legs, effin bstd breeders.
Anyway, I'd intended to start my prev comment with summat about the joys of living in t'country, but forgot and can't now edit. That facility must have a time limit, does it? Any idea how long? Yes, I'm aware that this thread is being pushed further off track, hey ho...

Conrad
03-02-2010, 15:43
Just checked the settings, apparently there is no time limit on editing posts, so no idea what that is about.

Will try and look into it later.

trainman
03-02-2010, 15:52
apparently there is no time limit on editing posts, so no idea what that is about.

Hmmm, maybe I'm just losing it. I know, people will argue I never had it anyway, but there we go.
Only thing I can think is if the link back to orig comment acts differently if using the 'last comment' link from thread title. And, with this post, we shall see...

trainman
03-02-2010, 15:55
Nope, so no idea. Don't worry Conrad; if I think I see it again (ie not see the edit option), I'll try to note the circumstance.
Cheers!

Eddie86
03-02-2010, 15:59
Well, we're now looking for pub dog pups again. We wanted to wait a good while from when Riley died before getting another. GSD is the thinking at the moment, but we normally go to the local Rescue and see what's there. On a personal note, my mrs has got the idea that dwarf hamsters are what we need at home. Personally I think hamsters are small enough already...

Conrad
03-02-2010, 16:00
Hey these are the sort of problems I like :)

Conrad
03-02-2010, 16:01
Well, we're now looking for pub dog pups again. We wanted to wait a good while from when Riley died before getting another. GSD is the thinking at the moment, but we normally go to the local Rescue and see what's there. On a personal note, my mrs has got the idea that dwarf hamsters are what we need at home. Personally I think hamsters are small enough already...
Try and sell her on the Siberian Hamsters, a far superior breed :whistle:

trainman
03-02-2010, 17:18
if I think I see it again (ie not see the edit option), I'll try to note the circumstance...

and the circumstance is... when you are not logged in!
D'oh! Sorry...

Conrad
03-02-2010, 17:23
and the circumstance is... when you are not logged in!
D'oh! Sorry...
:D:notworthy:
I was tempted to suggest that and decided, "nah he must remember typing in his password to do the new post".

Ah well, at least it was something easy.

Oggwyn Trench
03-02-2010, 18:02
The Mother in Law deicided it would be a good idea to get the Lad a pet that was easy to look after ... Goldfish there the most ackward bloody pets i have ever had, filter changes , partial water changes , algae cleaners and talk about crapping , its like the morning after 15 pints of Guiness and a Vindaloo:eek:

runningdog
03-02-2010, 19:31
[QUOTE=Eddie86;6184]Well, we're now looking for pub dog pups again.QUOTE]
If you're going for a pup, try a lurcher. Folk think they require a tremendous amount of exercise, they don't, if you can let one have a good blast, once a day, that's all they require. Civilised, no more difficult to train than the average dog, gentle, good-mannered, totally laid-back, and a real talking point. Oh, and they will do the guard-dog bit.
Lurchers:drinkup: is majic, and cheaperthan most.:drinkup:But beware, lurchers is addictive:drinkup:

Tilly-Miss
03-02-2010, 20:43
Here she is all nice and clean doing a great job.

Eddie86
03-02-2010, 20:47
[QUOTE=Eddie86;6184]Well, we're now looking for pub dog pups again.QUOTE]
If you're going for a pup, try a lurcher. Folk think they require a tremendous amount of exercise, they don't, if you can let one have a good blast, once a day, that's all they require. Civilised, no more difficult to train than the average dog, gentle, good-mannered, totally laid-back, and a real talking point. Oh, and they will do the guard-dog bit.
Lurchers:drinkup: is majic, and cheaperthan most.:drinkup:But beware, lurchers is addictive:drinkup:

We've just given up a lurcher would you believe. Actually, I say just, it was just before Riley (beautiful black lab) died. Before it was rescued it must have had a hell of a life - any young men (myself included) and he'd go berserk. Took over a year to let me take him for a walk!

I miss my Scrappy - the first dog I had. Springer crossed with a Field Spaniel. I'm finding a 2 year old son roughly the same amount of work (without that being taken in the wrong way I hasten to add!)

Farway
04-02-2010, 10:38

Surely dwarf hamsters would not make much of a meal for large GSD? :rolleyes:

hopwas
05-02-2010, 13:04
Similar to pub bartering.. Mansfield has announced "Pay What You Want" scheme..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/mansfield_town/8492556.stm

Now that's quite brilliant idea to bring back want-away fans.

(Nudge Nudge Tamworth FC...)