PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Vaults, Birmingham.

gillhalfpint
14-12-2011, 11:08
This new pub opens it's doors at 11am on Friday 16th. We will be there to check it out. Says on their website that Salopian Oracle and Hobsons Mild will be the regular ales, and there will be 6 guests. Also have some foreign keg plus a foreign bottle store.

Anyone else in the area to visit?

http://​www.postofficevaults.co.uk/
Gill

Soup Dragon
14-12-2011, 11:27
This new pub opens it's doors at 11am on Friday 16th. We will be there to check it out. Says on their website that Salopian Oracle and Hobsons Mild will be the regular ales, and there will be 6 guests. Also have some foreign keg plus a foreign bottle store.

Anyone else in the area to visit?

http://​www.postofficevaults.co.uk/
Gill

Hi to the half-pints!

I am in the area, although likely more down Hockley way to escape the German market (the crowds). Not fully sure as yet. If i am in the town centre, i may well venture to try it, but it depends on the crowds, as i am miserable at the best of times!

gillhalfpint
14-12-2011, 12:16
We have only been in town once in the last month. Did all our Xmas shopping in one store and escaped without looking at the German Market with it's crowds. Only coming in Friday to go round the new pub and look in the Welly and Anchor if there is a way in through the crowds as we are off to York this Saturday then Belgium for Christmas next Friday.

Heard the Prince of Wales behind the ICC and Rep is reopening Friday after worries it might have been closing, so might have a look in there as it had an interesting interior. Might check out the Nicholson's pub Shakespeare.... might end up on a pub crawl.... what the heck...will keep going till the crowds get to us and then go home.

Real Ale Ray
14-12-2011, 21:38
Fiona dragged me to the Xmas market last year, which was a great opportunity for me to slope off to the Welly and the Shakespeare. Both pubs got mobbed so do recommend an early doors visit. The Shakesphere is well worth a look in. Also love the Prince of Wales for a fab pint of Ansells mild. Hope you and Ray enjoy the Post Vaults on Friday. We were both back in Nottingham about a week ago and took in the Plough, Notts brewery HQ, which was brill.

Enjoy your hols, have a few for us!

Good 1 Real Ale Ray

Andy Ven
14-12-2011, 21:50
I may poke my nose in during my lunch break on Friday but if it's packed I'll probably wait until another day when there is more elbow room

Soup Dragon
15-12-2011, 09:17
I may poke my nose in

I think your nose is all you will get in, mate

Andy Ven
15-12-2011, 17:01
I think your nose is all you will get in, mate

Yes, that will probably be the exact moment when my alarm goes off

Delboy20
15-12-2011, 19:50
I will be up town for the match on Sunday so I will probably pop in around 12 ish

I can't count it as a new pub for me though because under my self imposed rules I have been in before ( as the Royal Mail )

gillhalfpint
16-12-2011, 19:00
Had a great time in here today. I was the first one served when they opened at 11 and didn't get round anywhere else.

Salopian Oracle
Hobsons Mild
Whittlebury Santas Tipple
Beer Geek Legend of the golden geek
Oakham Crackers
Abbeydale Oh Santa
Nethergate OldGrowler
Saltaire Triple Chocoholic
Het Anker Gouden Carolus Tripel 9%
Het Anker Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor 8%
A good day there so didn't make it anywhere else.

Gill

Andy Ven
16-12-2011, 21:59
Had a great time in here today. I was the first one served when they opened at 11 and didn't get round anywhere else.

......... A good day there so didn't make it anywhere else.

Gill

You said you were moving on to the Wellington. Obviously you were having too much of a good time ;)

gillhalfpint
16-12-2011, 22:27
I don't think we left till after 4pm. We did wander up to the Welly but it was packed so we went for the train home. Don't do crowds.

Andy Ven
16-12-2011, 22:56
I don't think we left till after 4pm. We did wander up to the Welly but it was packed so we went for the train home. Don't do crowds.

I don't blame you!

Soup Dragon
18-12-2011, 19:28
I did go as well. It was packed, as were so many places around. Some interesting 80s Christmas jumpers on show.