PDA

View Full Version : Bangor Town

ROBCamra
25-11-2011, 13:12
I've just added Yates's to the central area of Bangor (Gwynedd) which is called Bangor Town.

Bangor is of course a City.

Is it easy to change the area to Bangor Central or City so that all the pubs come under this rather than Town.

It may well appease some of the locals. :)

The same problem applies to Lichfield in Staffordshire.

Dave M
28-11-2011, 15:46
Well I don't want to move away from the convention of using Central, Town or Village that we have pretty much stuck to. If we were to use 'city' then it would imply that we care about the civic status in some way rather than just trying to define a locality.

However in those cases I'm happy enough to change them to 'Central' to help us avoid getting irate emails from councillors in Lichfield complaining about our slight on their fine town city. :evilgrin:

ROBCamra
28-11-2011, 16:15
Well I don't want to move away from the convention of using Central, Town or Village that we have pretty much stuck to. If we were to use 'city' then it would imply that we care about the civic status in some way rather than just trying to define a locality.

However in those cases I'm happy enough to change them to 'Central' to help us avoid getting irate emails from councillors in Lichfield complaining about our slight on their fine town city. :evilgrin:

That's good enough for me, even if it's not for them. :evilgrin: