PDA

View Full Version : Railway buffs pub crawls

Farway
29-01-2010, 15:31
I have just found this railway site [a spin off from Portsmouth pubs site] which may be of help to those who have a train station & would like to use it visit fresh fields and pubs

http://www.railrovers.org.uk/

Conrad
29-01-2010, 15:40
Hmmm, just clicked on it as I thought I better check it out, must admit that looks very interesting, a good spot!

oldboots
29-01-2010, 16:12
Good link Farway, I've been trying to find info on an all UK ticket for a while, mind you I think £430 for 7 days is a bit steep.

arwkrite
29-01-2010, 22:49
OB compared with that £1000 + return fair reported the other week that looks a decent buy. However you can get an awful lot of pints for £430. Plus you have to add the cost of bed and bawd ,sorry, board.

oldboots
30-01-2010, 09:49
add the cost of bed and bawd ,sorry, board.

Bawd? I should be so lucky, :eek: after all it's a crawl of Dudley, Birmingham, Ironbridge Gorge, Bridgenorth/Kiddy and probably Worcester I'm planning for June.

Oggwyn Trench
30-01-2010, 10:03
Bawd? I should be so lucky, :eek: after all it's a crawl of Dudley, Birmingham, Ironbridge Gorge, Bridgenorth/Kiddy and probably Worcester I'm planning for June.

You will need the whole of June to do that lot

oldboots
30-01-2010, 10:11
You will need the whole of June to do that lot

I'll only do the highlights and I will miss out most of Brum, I've done some of Dudley and half of Worcester in the past. Bridgenorth could take time and I might only make it to the Severn Valley station in Kidderminster. Lots of planning to do.

Oggwyn Trench
30-01-2010, 10:56
I'll only do the highlights and I will miss out most of Brum, I've done some of Dudley and half of Worcester in the past. Bridgenorth could take time and I might only make it to the Severn Valley station in Kidderminster. Lots of planning to do.

I drive through Kidderminster most weeks , it appears to be Bankss overkill

ROBCamra
30-01-2010, 11:15

Don't try and do Bridgnorth in one day it's well worth a stayover.

Oggwyn Trench
30-01-2010, 11:24

Dont tell Soupy about Bridgenorth , you`ll never get rid of him

oldboots
30-01-2010, 11:34

Don't try and do Bridgnorth in one day it's well worth a stayover.

Maybe we'll meet in the Railwaymans then we'll never leave:drinkup::drinkup:. I have fond (ish) memories of staying in the Black Horse a couple of years ago when I did my first Bridgenorth pub crawl. It could be a case of Low Town one day, High Town the next with a trip up the SV railway in between. I must ask for more ideas when the planning is further advanced.

arwkrite
30-01-2010, 12:05
I drive through Kidderminster most weeks , it appears to be Bankss overkill
Worcestershire and Herefordshire its hard to miss Marston and Green King pubs. Kidderminster is not a town that fills me with enthusiasm. It has the most depressing Wetherspoons I have ever visited.The Mill , by the canal is a Marston 2 for 1 pub /eatery which we used a alot because it fitted our needs and is popular with all ages in search of a reasonable meal. Ale is restricted to Marstons on three pumps.I cannot comment on the smaller pubs however.
Note ..If travelling alone and you get hungry keep away from 2 meals for price of 1 pubs .The single meal prices are over inflated.

Soup Dragon
30-01-2010, 14:17

Did i hear Bridgnorth mentioned

Bridgnorth has the same effect on me as girls in black nylons on Mr A, actually both have the same effect on me:pray:

hopwas
31-01-2010, 11:53
Did i hear Bridgnorth mentioned

Please dont mention Bridgnorth again..

I still cant believe I walked past JDW.. :moremad:

Oggwyn Trench
31-01-2010, 21:40
Please dont mention Bridgnorth again..

I still cant believe I walked past JDW.. :moremad:

Jewel of the Severn , you probaly thought it was an Indian resturant

hopwas
31-01-2010, 21:47